The Zodiac School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Zodiac School

A Hetalia RPG AU with supernatural beings~ Where all types of creatures can come to learn!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Skipping is Fun [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Keith Smith

Keith Smith

Skipping is Fun [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Skipping is Fun [Open]   Skipping is Fun [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 4:45 pm

Skipping was fun, really fun, and rewarding. You didn't have to listen to the rambling of a teacher of a subject you didn't like and you could spend your time outdoors doing what you liked. Keith had done PE then skipped his next class opting for sitting in a tree just outside the school, he was talking with a bird. Not really a sort of 'you're a pretty bird' talk, no he was really talking to it. A mixture of chirps and caws transferred between the two of them although he was trying his best to be quiet.

And even if someone did hear him he made sure to wear a hoodie that covered his face so hopefully any passerbys would not recognise him, and it being class time he was sure not many people would be walking past. At least this is what he had hoped for.

Keith had been here for a while and yet most of the teachers had never met him or atleast talked to him while he was in their class. He didn't mind though, he didn't care. Let people hate. He stroked the birds head gently smiling at it gently, "You don't say?" He blurted in English before swapping back to bird to finish the conversation with the black crow.

The crow flew off squaking happily and Keith waved good bye before lying back watching the cloud pass by over head...it was nice...Skipping was fun.
Back to top Go down
Former Sealand

Former Sealand

PostSubject: Re: Skipping is Fun [Open]   Skipping is Fun [Open] Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 3:36 pm

Peter moved his feet back and forth in water, glad that he wasn't in math class like he was supossed to be. He made sure to sit in the shade, fearing that the sun would burn him yet again. That, in his opinion, was the worst thing about being part vampire. He loved being by the water and, sadly, water was located where the sun could also reach him, of course his clothing choice didn't help much either. Shorts and a tee shirt were not very good protection from the sun's rays.

He had rather enjoyed listening to the birds squacking, he liked to imagine the things that they would say to one another. He imagined a conversation of adventure and mystery, of the birds sharing thier stories that only a bird who had traveled many miles and seen many things could recount.

In fact, he was so involved in imagining the bird's stories that when he heard a human voice he couldn't help but be utterly surprised. Usually he knew his surroundings quite well, and now that he was looking for something out of the ordinary he could smell something that was slightly off. Some sort of bird? Or was that a person? Or maybe something else? "Helllo? Is someone there?!" he directed his voice to the tree, slightly worried that he could not identify the creature through smell alone.

It took a moment for his eyes to adjust, after a bit he could make out something that definately didn't belong in a tree, a figure in a hoodie. "HA! I KNEW IT! YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM A HALF VAMPIRE! I SEE YOU UP THERE IN THAT HOODIE!" He yelled, forgetting that he was supossed to be quiet, on account that he was skipping class, and forgetting that he had no idea what this creature was that he had probabally just insulted.
Back to top Go down
Keith Smith

Keith Smith

PostSubject: Re: Skipping is Fun [Open]   Skipping is Fun [Open] Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 11:21 pm

Keith rubbed his head sitting up, who the hell was disturbing his peace? The only reason he wasn't frightened or mad was because the voice was coming from a whiney kid. But hey he didn't mind all that much, the innocence of children made him forget his own hardships and smile. He really did like kids, but not when they were shouting and giving away his hiding place.

He sat up, a half vampire? That kid was two-thirs on his way to being similar to Keith, a chimera. He swung on a few branches hooking his knees over a branch flopping down upside down to look at the kid. He was small and blonde. He gave a small smile deciding to let the kid off the hook but he wasn't going to let him go without scaring him first.

He flipped his hoodie back shooting a glare at the kid, "Oi!" He bellowed hoping the kid knew that the tough teenagers meant trouble, "What are you doing bothering me while I'm trying to relax? Huh?!" He crossed his arms feeling quite proud of how tough he managed to make himself feel, and it wasn't just an act. If anyone thretened him he wouldn't think twice in smashing their face in. That was just the type of person he was.

Another thing he hated about whiny kids is that they usually had too much to say and he was all too prepared to answer an array of stupid questions that should not be asked in polite conversation. Not just his name but why he was in the tree, why he wore a band aid, where he was from and his whole back story. He had met kids like that before and let's just say that kid didn't ever go near anywhere Keith was ever again.
Back to top Go down
Former Sealand

Former Sealand

PostSubject: Re: Skipping is Fun [Open]   Skipping is Fun [Open] Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 11:11 am

Peter stumbled backwards a bit when the strange boy swung upside-down. He really wasn't expecting that. Nor was he expecting that this boy was the mysterious hooded person he had saw a moment ago. He was quite scruffy looking, with brown hair and what Peter thought were pretty green eyes. More than anything though, Peter was impressed with the boy, the way that he could swing through the trees reminded him of a monkey.

When he regained his footing he crossed his arms and looked up at the boy. He was impressed by him, but he was not going to be intimidated by him. Afterall, if he could face an angry mob, he could definately face one wierd-smelling boy. He smiled up at him deciding that he should apologize for almost getting them caught, as any gentleman would. "I did not mean to disturb you, I was just surprised to see another person. I don't know what you're doing out here, but personally I would prefer not to get caught skipping class, so maybe we should both try to keep it down." He could smell his blood and it smelled off, like a mixture of human, bird, and something else that Peter thought probabally wouldn't taste good, that same sort of mixed smell he had smelled before. He really wanted to know why he smelled like that, but he wasn't about to ask right then. "I'm Peter, and if I'm pretty sure that all your blood is rushing to your head right about now."

Back to top Go down
Keith Smith

Keith Smith

PostSubject: Re: Skipping is Fun [Open]   Skipping is Fun [Open] Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:38 pm

Keith wrinkled his nose at this kid, god he was a rich snob. He rolled his eyes hearing him out, the language he used and the length of a sentance that could have just been; 'Sorry man hey I'll be quiet now so we don't get caught' prooved two things. 1. This kid had a good up-bringing or was taught proporly. 2. He wasn't the type of kid Keith was used to hanging out with while skipping class.

He swung himself down from the tree before laughing at the boys height, he was such a little kid, "My name's Keith," he replied to the boy before hitting his head gently, "and I'm used to that."
Keeping his scary teenage act up he put his hands on his hips glaring at the boy towering over him looking directly down at him, "Apology un-accepted by the way, stupid runts like you shouldn't be skipping class anyway," such a hyprocryte, "and what do you think gives you the right to tell me that my blood will rush to my head, I'm no fool although I can't say the same for you!"
If Peter had said anything about the smell of his blood being off and unusual he probobly would be on the ground by now, Keith would have tried to land not on the ground but on the annoying kid's head.
Back to top Go down
Former Sealand

Former Sealand

PostSubject: Re: Skipping is Fun [Open]   Skipping is Fun [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:27 am

Of course Peter would never admit it, but the boy towering over him was intimidating. Jeese, this kid was rude, Peter had went through all the trouble of apologizing and he had just insulted him. "Keith, huh?" He narrowed his eyes at the much taller boy. "Speaking of rights what gives you the right to call me a hypocrite, stupid, and a runt?!" Peter really wanted to blow up at the Keith for calling him a runt, instead he just crossed his arms and looked up at the boy. " I am not a fool. And I can skip class if I want to! You're skipping class too, so why can't I?!"

Peter turned his back to the other boy with a "Hmph!" Making sure to stay in the shade of the tree. "I think you're the hypocrite for telling me that I shouldn't be skipping class..."
Back to top Go down
Keith Smith

Keith Smith

PostSubject: Re: Skipping is Fun [Open]   Skipping is Fun [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 2:37 pm

"I know I'm a hyprocrtie," he mutter stil towering over the child, he felt a tiny bit sorry for him but that was soon put to the back of his head, "for I skipped school when I was your age but you seem like too much of a good kid to skip..." he glared narrowing his eyes further to intimidate him, reaching down he grabbed Peter's shoulder applying small pressure to it. He was going to hate himself for what he was about to do but this kid was annoying.

He had no doubt in his heart that when he was 12 he ws just as annoying as this kid, if not more, the differnce being that when he was about 10 or 11 he was silent, never said a word or asked for anything. He now had the right to do whatever the hell he wanted to do, incuding throwing this kid to the side.
Back to top Go down
Former Sealand

Former Sealand

PostSubject: Re: Skipping is Fun [Open]   Skipping is Fun [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 4:41 pm

Peter listened silently with his back turned to the other boy, he was about to make a comment about being 'too much of a good kid to skip', when he felt the other boy's hand on his shoulder. He began to spin around to knock the other boy's hand away but he was to quick, and Peter was thrown to the ground.

He hit the ground with a shoft 'thud'. He was disoriented by the sudden physical contact, then even more so by the sudden thrust to the ground. Peter just sat there for a bit, not doing anything, not even noticing that there was now sun shining down on his bare skin, nor that he had a scraped knee. He was finally drawn back to the real world when he noticed the smell of blood coming from his knee. It stung a bit, but nothing that would make Peter cry, so he was surprised when tears started coming to his eyes. At the moment Peter's feelings were hurt more than his knee, this was his first time really ever talking to someone at his new school, actually really ever talking to someone outside of his home, and he had already made an enemy of him.

Feeling the sun on his skin was begining to become uncomfortable, he stood up and wiped the forming tears from his eyes, hoping that Keith didn't notice. He was going to be tough, afterall he was a half vampire. He moved back into the shade of the tree "You don't even know me! H-how would you know if I am to good of a kid to skip?! I may be small, but that gives you no right to make assumptions, or " he flashed a look to his knee "o-or to bully me!"

Peter was feeling a lot of things; shame for crying, anger for being pushed down, a bit frightened, but most of all he was upset that he had made an enemy so quickly. He hoped though, that the only emotion Keith would notice was the anger, but he doubted it, since his voice had broke a couple times due to him trying to hold back tears. More tears began to come to his eyes so he turned again so that the older boy wouldn't see the tears running down his cheeks. He really hated himself, feeling weak and stupid, and wishing that his grandmother was there with a large glass of warm milk and a cookie.
Back to top Go down
Keith Smith

Keith Smith

PostSubject: Re: Skipping is Fun [Open]   Skipping is Fun [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 10:58 pm

What a baby. Keith wrinkled his nose watching the kid, he was crying just because of a knee? That's what it looked like to him. Keith crossed his arms continuing to walk over to Peter still glaring down at him taking full advantage of his height, "You're such a shrimp you know that," he hissed through clenched teeth. Keith was a few things, one of them was disturbed. He needed strength and he got that from seeing fear from other people. But he was also empathetic.

He watched the kids face seeing the fear, he could see fear and he knew it. He was so much bigger than him and he was only doing it as a joke but he could tell it had gone too far. He reached into his pocket grabbing a spare band aid, he always had them, he knelt down spitting on the boy's knee wiping the blood away with his sleeve before putting a band aid over it, "You just seem like a good kid..." he muttered patting his knee gently standing back up.

Anger still sat inside Keith but he had no reason to be mad, he had reason to be guilty though. He knew all too well how it felt for someone bigger than you to hurt you, push you down. Plus, he loved kids.
"Sorry Pete," he said, giving the kid a nickname. He didn't want to explain or apologise, he knew how irritating it was.

Instead he gave a goofy grin to the kid holding his arm out, "Here hit me back!" It was the only thing he could think of doing that would release guilt, the kid's fear and getting out of an apology all in one swift movement. Plus he doubted a little kid like Pete could do much more than give him a light bruise. He smiled at him sweetly, he was so not saying sorry.
Back to top Go down
Former Sealand

Former Sealand

PostSubject: Re: Skipping is Fun [Open]   Skipping is Fun [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:18 am

Peter wiped his eyes as Keith tended to his knee. This boy had surprised him, yet again, (making him forget about the shrimp comment) he went from sitting in a tree, to yelling at him, to pushing him down, and now he was putting a band-aid on his knee. It amused Peter that the other boy seemed to carry around band-aids, and a smile began to spread on his lips, ever so slowly.

This guy really wasn't so bad, Peter thought after he said sorry and gave him a new nickname (that he rather liked). And when then when Keith held out his arm, offering a free punch, Peter decided that despite first impressions he liked this wierd-smelling boy.

Peter was debating whether or not to take the free punch or not, part of him didn't want to hit the boy who had put a band-aid on his knee, but part of him wanted to hit the boy who had pushed him down, most of all he wanted to prove that he wasn't a shrimp, a little kid, or a cry-baby. Besides, he was being generous so he decided that it would be best to take the free punch. He pulled back his arm then let his fist fly, he hoped the other boy knew what a vampire was capable of when he had offered the free punch. He felt his fist connect with Keith's arm, he had held back some, but he knew that the punch would still hurt and there would probabally be a big bruise there by tomorrow.

"You probabally wouldn't think I was such a good kid if you knew half the pranks I've pulled." Peter grinned, revealing his fangs. "Thanks for the band-aid." He said, standing up.
Back to top Go down
Keith Smith

Keith Smith

PostSubject: Re: Skipping is Fun [Open]   Skipping is Fun [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 2:42 pm

Keith grunted slightly as the punch collided with his arm, he didn't mind though, in his eyes he deserved it and in all honesty it was probobly the right thing. He had been prettty cruel to this kid and for what? Shits and giggles? Yeah even he felt a bit guilty for that, he should be more mature by now.

He could not help but laugh at the kids comment, "What do you mean by pranks?" He giggled, he had to admit the kid couldn't be any older than 12 because of the way he acted. Keith thought back to when he was twelve, he was mostly mute and barely spoke to anyone but around that time he started drinking and stealing. He wondered if this kid had ever taken a weapond to school, he doubted it. He was probobly rich by the way he had spoken earlier. Rich kids just don't do that sort of stuff.

The next thing he saw were the boys fangs, a smile crossed his face and he loudly said (in an extactic voice); "A vampire?!" He exclaimed, "That's so cool I have read so many stories on your kind," he peered closer to his teeth staring in awe.

Keith never knew magical creatures existed as a child, he heard his uncle tlak about them but that was about it, he knew demons existed but he had always heard rumors of vampires and now he finallly got to see one. He had to admit it was a bit breathtaking, "That is so cool!"
Back to top Go down
Former Sealand

Former Sealand

PostSubject: Re: Skipping is Fun [Open]   Skipping is Fun [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 6:58 pm

Peter just smiled. "Well, I don't think my victims will ever forget them, that's for sure." His mind wandered a bit thinking back to one of his more memorable, but tame, schemes that involved some powdered jell-o and a toliet. He almost started laughing to himself when he remembered the maid's face when she saw the mess that Peter had made.

Peter smiled bigger so that Keith could get a better look at his fangs. "Well, technically I'm a half vampire. My dad's a vampire, and my mom was a human. I was raised with human's though, so I actually don't know that much about vampires in general." He shrugged "It can be cool, but it can kinda suck sometimes too." Peter raised his bushy eyebrows wondering if the other boy had caught his unintentional pun.

"If you don't mind me asking, what type of creature are you?" Peter timidly asked, he didn't want to offend Keith by asking questions or commenting on his strange smell, but curiousity was starting to get the better of him. Peter really wanted to keep things freindly with Keith so he added "if you don't mind me asking?"
Back to top Go down
Keith Smith

Keith Smith

PostSubject: Re: Skipping is Fun [Open]   Skipping is Fun [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 7:18 pm

Keith giggled, the little kid was so proud of himself, "I'm sure my victim's wouldn't forget my 'pranks' as well," he giggled happily to himself remembering the time he would fly with friends away from the cops and how he learnt to street fight, hitting a police officer was probobly a bad idea but hell he was mad at him.

"Half vampire eh?" He nodded, "A vampire is still a vampire I guess," a natural half-breed, somewhat like himself but un-natural. He wondered if the symptoms stayed the same, he could use this kid to find out...NO! He had to hold himself back, he was way too good at running experements for his own good. He didn't even like that fact, it was annoying.

"Great joke," he said sarcastically before answering his question.

"I'm a chimera," he had no problem saying what he was, getting to what he was and what his family was like is what set him off, "1/3 Eagle, 1/3 Human..." he avoided the last third. It was obvious, hopefully, even to a kid this wasn't natural, "I was born a human...if that makes any sense to you."
Back to top Go down
Former Sealand

Former Sealand

PostSubject: Re: Skipping is Fun [Open]   Skipping is Fun [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 8:40 pm

"Yeah that makes sense." Well, that explained the wierd mixed smell. Peter didn't know much about chimeras, but the bit that he did know came from an anime he had watched a long time ago, if he remembered right, the people in the show who became chimeras had to go through a lot of pain before they became that way. If that show was acurate becoming a chimera was definately something that Peter would not want to talk about had it been him who was the chimera. He hoped for Keith's sake that that show was not correct.

"Can you, like, do any bird stuff?" Peter asked, invisioning Keith in a bird cage with someone asking him if he wanted a cracker. He shook his head a bit, getting the strange image out of his head. "I mean, can you fly or anything like that?" Peter imagined that it would be very fun to fly, in fact, he sometimes dreamed that he could fly, and that he had wings, he loved dreams like that. "I always thought that it would be really neat to be able to fly!" He added excitedly.

((Jeese that was short, my lack of creativity is pretty saddening lol))

Back to top Go down
Keith Smith

Keith Smith

PostSubject: Re: Skipping is Fun [Open]   Skipping is Fun [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 8:53 pm

What Peter had heard in that show had been correct, the pain it takes to go through the proceadure was one thing but the chances of rejection and when rejection happens was on a complete other level. Keith furrowed his eyebrows looking at him, "How does it make sense?" He didn't realize chimera's had a persanality that he knew of, unless he could smell the blood in that case it would have made total sense. He really hoped it wasn't either and he had just had a lucky guess.

Keith gave a sigh of relief, at least Peter seemed to understand what a chimera was.

Keith nodded pointing to his back, "I can fly," he grinned, that was one of the things he absolutely loved about being a chimera and the only thing that prevented him from killing himself trying to change back, "I also speak fluently in every single language spoken by any bird, kookaburra, galah, cocatoo, crane, pigeon, duck, crow or eagle...especilly eagles." He shuddered.

((It's alright. Also out of sheere interest what would that anime have been? I'm either putting my money on fma or somthin else...or is it nothing? XD))
Back to top Go down
Former Sealand

Former Sealand

PostSubject: Re: Skipping is Fun [Open]   Skipping is Fun [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 7:31 pm

"Well, it makes sense becaause I can smell your blood, of course!" Peter said confirming Keith's suspicions. He continued to smile up at the taller boy.

Peter's eyes got wide when the other boy said he could fly. "That is so indredibly cool!" He stood on his tippy toes and strained his neck tring to get a better look at Keith's back, hoping to see wings. It was all in vain, of course, Peter was much to short to see over the boy's shoulder to his back.

"You can talk to birds too!~" Peter bounced up and down a bit, really excited. "What kind of things do you talk to them about?!" He calmed down for a moment "Wait- so was that you I heard talking to a bird before?!" Peter had found yet another reason to be impressed by Keith.

((You are exacty right! It was fma, I've watched both versions with my little brother awhile ago... ))
Back to top Go down
Keith Smith

Keith Smith

PostSubject: Re: Skipping is Fun [Open]   Skipping is Fun [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 11:27 pm

Keith wrinkled his nose at the boy's comment but relaxed soon enough, the kid didn't know even a little bit about him so he could forgive a little bit of arrogance. His blood was interesting, when he was a kid more than half of his blood was drained from his body, some was replaced with altered DNA while most was directly tranfused; regardless of the blood type.

The boy would never see his wings, his wings were transformed from his shoulder blades. The only hint of wings he would find was in Keith's cupboard. He never threw his clothes out and hardly washed them, there was a pile of t-shirts with two wholes in the back where his wings came forth, "I'll fly you around later if you promise to be good, don't squirm or shout," he gave a sweet grin. He was used to giving kids flights.

Peter had had his daily dose of sugar, Keith placed a hand on his head to keep him still, "They talk about stupid humans and trees," he thought for a bit, "I talk to them about my problems and they give me advice, the chicks are quite like you; bouncy and wanting to know about the outside world," he nodded again before saying something in crow, "that was me~"

((Pff yes, I based Keith off another chimera but while making his profile Tucker was in my heart (coughkeithsunclecough) forgot how fma chimera's work now))
Back to top Go down
Former Sealand

Former Sealand

PostSubject: Re: Skipping is Fun [Open]   Skipping is Fun [Open] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 2:33 am

Peter was so excited! He was actually going to fly! "That would be so great!" He could barely stay still, in fact, he was so excited that he didn't even realize that he had now totally forgiven Keith for pushing him down or calling him a runt. "I swear I won't! Thank you Keith!" Peter was so happy that had Keith not put his hand on his head to keep him still he probabally would have hugged him, so instead he just grinned like a idiot.

Peter was a bit sobered by the fact that Keith told his problems to birds, it made him wonder if he had any people he could tell his problems to. He brushed it off though, thinking that if he had the power to talk to birds he would tell them his problems too, after all, you could trust that a bird wasn't going to tell anyone your secrets. Nevertheless, Peter's smile faltered a little, thinking about how lonely it was to not have any people that you could really talk to, he knew from experience that it wasn't pleasant.

"I'm like a baby bird?" Peter didn't really mind the comparison it was just something he had never heard before, he was more used to things like 'devil' or 'trickster' from people who didn't know him very well. He had to admit, being called similar to a baby bird was some what refreshing.

"Whoa~" Peter laughed after Keith mimicked a crow, it sounded wierd coming out of a person's mouth. "I was wondering what those birds from earlier were talking about, now I learn that one of them wasn't even a bird! That just makes the things I was imagining that they were saying seem kinda dull in comparison." He just continued to grin, not really caring that Keith's hand was still on his head, he was to busy wondering if he had mistaken any other supernatural creatures as mere animals before...

(( *Tears up* poor Nin- I mean Keith. I'm not really sure how they work either, in the original anime they have Nina who becomes a dog chimera, and stays that way. But in brotherhood they have the two guys who can switch back and forth from looking human to looking more chimera-like.))
Back to top Go down
Keith Smith

Keith Smith

PostSubject: Re: Skipping is Fun [Open]   Skipping is Fun [Open] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 2:53 am

Keith couldn't help but smile, there was something about smiling kids that made him happy but at the same time made him extremly depressed. But there was more happiness than saddness in his heart at that moment, he sat down by the tree patting the spot next to him for Peter to sit down, "By the way how old are you?" A simple question that he was going to use to compare this kid to himself at that age.

The brunette leant his head against the branch looking up at the crow he was talking to before breaking out into a mixture of caws and squaks. What he said would be completely un-understandable by Peter but the bird would. "Geroge come down here and say g'day to Pete, he's a nice kid so don't scare him too much. No red eyes!" Soon after he said his sentance the bird flew down poising himself on Peter's shoulder.

"Yes you are very much like a baby bird," he giggled watching the bird nod in agreeance, "even Geroge thinks so!~" The kid was cute, he might just have to adopt him. He laughed at the thought.

Keith smiled back, children were easily amused. He sort of wished he had some more powers to show of but apart from being able to make objects float in the hair he had nothing else, unless long nails and red eyes were amusing but he figured that was more scary than fun. "Yup, most of the birds around here have conversations with me," he grinned, "they say they like the variaty of the conversations!"

((That episode didn't affect me at all....I stopped watching when Ed disguised himself to go Ishbal. Would you believe me if I said I got minor depressioon from watching FMA? I couldn'r sleep =3=))
Back to top Go down
Former Sealand

Former Sealand

PostSubject: Re: Skipping is Fun [Open]   Skipping is Fun [Open] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 12:00 pm

Peter sat down next to Keith, he adjusted just a bit to stay in the shade of the tree. Then he answered "I'm twelve years old!~" He squirmed a bit, still hyper. "How old are you?" He squirmed some more, moving his legs so that he was sitting 'criss-cross-applesauce' style, like he used to at home.

He jumped a bit when Keith began talking in bird again. He wondered what he was saying but decided it would be better to wait for him to stop squaking, so as not to interrupt. He was about to ask when he heard a bird flapping it's wings above him. He looked up just in time to see the bird coming right towards him. Was it attacking? He barely had time (even with extra half vampire speed) to shield his face before the bird landed on his shoulder. He laughed, the bird was just being friendly, it wasn't attacking. "Hello there!~" he said, looking at the crow on his shoulder.

He laughed again. A baby bird? He admitted he could also see a few similarities. He noticed the bird nodding his head "George, huh? Well, it's very nice to meet you George, I'm Peter!" He tried to stay still for the bird, not wanting to scare it off.

He dug in his shorts pocket and pulled out a packet of saltine crackers he had saved from lunch earlier, they were a bit crushed but he figured that George wouldn't mind. "It's ok that I give these to him right?" He looked to Keith hoping it was ok.

"I think it's really neat that you can talk to birds!" His smile got bigger "I bet you can learn a lot that way too!~"

((I could believe it, there is some sad stuff in that show. I'm curious though, what part of it depressed you?))
Back to top Go down
Keith Smith

Keith Smith

PostSubject: Re: Skipping is Fun [Open]   Skipping is Fun [Open] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 10:49 pm

"I'm sixteen," he said with a smile, twelve huh? He tried to think where he was at at twelve. He had just recovered and been out of hospital for a few months and started living with Sir. That was the age he was introduced to drinking and skipping class as well. He smiled, ah good memories of his life when it was good. He smiled down at Peter patting his head.

Peter's reaction to the bird amused Keith greatly, there was no reason to fear a little crow like George. Now maybe if he had called an eagle down it would warrent a reaction like that, but because this crow had a kind dispotition and had no intention of hurting Peter it made Keith laugh, "Don't be scared," he said reassuring him, "I wouldn't let a mean bird land on you! What do you take me for?"

The bird pecked lightly at Peter's ear making sure not to cut the skin and enduce bleeding, just a gentle tap with his beak against his ear. Something like a whisper but sharper. A pin whisper.

"Yeah that should be fine, I feed them all kinds of crap so that's definitly cool," probobly not the best thing for birds to be feeding them sugary or salty things but hey the birds never complained and he would know if they did, after all he asked for their opinions on the food.

"I learn a lot about myself and life, yeah," he smiled, "and death..."

((Snake lady dying, the brothers fighting and Ishbal))
Back to top Go down
Former Sealand

Former Sealand

PostSubject: Re: Skipping is Fun [Open]   Skipping is Fun [Open] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 11:37 pm

Sixteen? So Keith was only four years older than him. Peter had thought he was older, he looked older. Especially his eyes, like they'd been through a lot more than a sixteen year old ought to have gone through. They looked a lot better when he smiled though, Peter liked it when Keith smiled. He just looked like a nice guy.

Peter couldn't believe that he had acted scared, he was a vampire and he was afraid of a little crow. "Yeah," he laughed "I guess, I was just being silly." He was happy that Keith had said that he wouldn't let a mean bird land on him, it sounded like something a friend would say, he hoped that meant that he and Keith were friends now.
"I was just surprised by George, that's all."

He jerked his head a bit when the bird pecked his ear, it didn't hurt it just surprised him, Peter wasn't that used to animals being close to him. Usually they tended to keep thier distance. After all, when Peter would sometimes drink the blood of animals when he couldn't stand his cravings anymore. And then on the rare occasion that an animal was actually close to him Peter tended to scare it off in his eagerness and exuberance. He opened the cracker packet quickly and with a smile. He was excited to feed the bird. He poured out the semi-crushed contents of packet into his hand then slowly raised it, scared that he would scare George off if he went to fast.

Peter wondered how a coversation with a bird could teach you all that. He tilted his head to the side inquisitively "How do they teach you about those things?"
Back to top Go down
Keith Smith

Keith Smith

PostSubject: Re: Skipping is Fun [Open]   Skipping is Fun [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 5:55 am

Keith wasn't considored mature for his age and often thought as stupid or foolish by adults but his life expereince was probobly many times any of their comprehension, he gave Peter a look shrugging at his answer. He didn't really care what the kid thought, it was his head.

"Can you imagine how suprised I was when I could understand the birds chatting?" He gave a hearty laugh remembering those times, "You have to hear bird song, some are actually pretty sad. Like whales I can imagie," he thought for a moment. Whales always sounded so upset. He didn't know why it was just something in the song of the whales that was...touching.

"So do you have a favourate animal or one you like?" Keith asked patting George on the head gently, "You seem fond of birds so do you like them?" Keith had to admit he loved birds but they weren't his favourate animal. He had a book of animals at home and in the book was an animal called the platypuss. It had a duck bill, webbed feet and a beaver tail and the story goes that upon taking them to a lab in England they thought it was a joke and tried to take it apart. A real life, natural; chimera.

"Birds have a simple way of life, they breed for life but also have mates," he thought for a second chewing his lip, "then they die and they tell me how it feels, we share a pain..."
Back to top Go down
Former Sealand

Former Sealand

PostSubject: Re: Skipping is Fun [Open]   Skipping is Fun [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 1:40 pm

"Yeah, I would be suprised too!~" He imagined what it would be like to suddenly be able to talk to birds, he imagined that it would be terribly fun. Having a bird on your side when you were trying to run away from someone could give one a large advantage, especially when you could fly too."A bird song? I always thought those would be happy..." He was a bit disapointed to hear that some of those songs he had enjoyed listening to so much could have been sad.

"Nah~" He shrugged "I don't really have a favorite, I like most animals." He gently stroked the bird's back with one finger, enjoying the feel of the George's soft feathers. He shifted his gaze from George to Keith "Do you have a favorite animal?"

"I always imagined that birds lived an exciting life, since they can fly. They can go where ever they want when ever they want!" He had always invisioned birds as creatures with a lot of freedom and that had a lot of fun.He paused, wondering what a bird's death was like, then he looked at George. "How long to birds ususally live?" He really liked George and he felt that he would be very sad if he died.
Back to top Go down
Keith Smith

Keith Smith

PostSubject: Re: Skipping is Fun [Open]   Skipping is Fun [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 10:48 pm

Keith smiled patting Peter's back, he probobly shouldn't have told him about the sad songs, "Now now I just said some," he tried to think of something happy. Dammit he wasn't good at talking about happy things to do with birds, demons or family for that matter. "Canaries have a nice little song," he grinned from ear to ear, "but the song changes to each bird, they all have a persanality and life so each song is unique."

"Platypuss have you heard of them?" He didn't expect the kid to have seen them or maybe he would, Australia's creepy animals seemed to be well known, "It is a real life chimera...they are wonderful..." he smiled before looking back down at Peter.
"What animals do you like then? Dog? Cat? Bird?"

"They do, migration and moving; they never stay in one place too long," for that he had to think, every bird had a different life expectancy depending on the breed an conditions, "I would think about ten years in captivity maybe less in the wild, loads of predators..." He thought, that eagle was only seven...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skipping is Fun [Open]   Skipping is Fun [Open] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skipping is Fun [Open]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next