The Zodiac School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Zodiac School

A Hetalia RPG AU with supernatural beings~ Where all types of creatures can come to learn!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Last Seat [Roderich]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matthew Williams
Admin
Matthew Williams

The Last Seat [Roderich] Empty
PostSubject: The Last Seat [Roderich]   The Last Seat [Roderich] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 4:14 pm

Matthew ambled slowly into the town's local bar, looking around. He didn't usually go to bars, and for a good reason. They were noisy and crowded- not really Matthew's scene. He prefered quiet places with few, or preferably no, people. He took a look around. There were no tables free, they were all occupied by large groups of roudy drunk people. Matthew looked at the bar where the stools were mostly occupied. Except for two. So Matthew could either pick the seat at the very end which was the closest to the men's bathroom, or the seat next to it which would mean sitting next to a stranger. Matthew instantly knew which one he'd rather sit at and headed to the barstool at the end. He hopped up and scanned a list of drinks before requesting a Bay Breeze. He didn't know what was in it, or how strong it would be, but it was one of the ones he could pronounce without making himself giggle (As apposed to drinks such as "Red headed slut", "Scooby snack" and "Buttery nipple"). He wasn't entirely sure where people came up with these drink names but a few of them nearly made him blush.

Looking around, Matthew noticed that the bar was rather quieter down his end, and at the far end of the bar, furthest from the entrance, there was perhaps a brawl stirring up. He would be happy to stay away from that. Matthew had also dressed specifically to draw attention away from him. He had a black shirt on with a dark blue denim jacket, his dull grey skinny jeans and trainers, his hair tied back to suit the outfit. He hoped it wouldn't draw attention, he was aiming to blend in with the crowd. When his drink arrived, Matthew bit his lip before asking for a glass of tap water to go with it. Just in case. Because, after all, he hadn't been introduced to alcohol before, and he was just making sure...

(( New colour~ Because... I despise grey. =_= ))
Back to top Go down
https://thezodiacschool.rpg-board.net
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: The Last Seat [Roderich]   The Last Seat [Roderich] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 10:55 am

Roderich stepped into the bar with slight hesitation. He had only recently turned eighteen and the boy still felt some hesitation when showing up at the bar for a drink. In the past, he always had to fear being discovered as underage and, thus, banned from the establishment. He felt nervous now, even if he had no real need to be. The young Austrian shuddered, but continued into the bar. His need for a drink outweighed his fear of getting in trouble.

A loud sigh escaped the small man's lips as he started to become lost within the depths of the bar. His hunt for an open seat seemed to be rather hopeless. As he entered deep into the building, his nose wrinkled at the dirty tables, stained with spilled beer and crumbs from various snacks. The floor also seemed to be riddled with other such discarded objects, crumbs, nuts, dirt. It was not exactly what one would call a nice establishment. It was a place that one came to unwind and drink. No one came for the food or company. Roderich would much rather have gone to a more high end place, but he could not deny the fact that this place was cheap and had really good beer.

Much to his relief, he found one open seat in the back of the bar. Roderich quickly claimed it, happy to be saving his shoes from further cruel treatment from the sticky floors. More relief flooded through him as he heard the sounds of a bar brawl break out. Now any attention that may have been directed at him for looking too young would be busy calming the more brutish element. The student did not even bother to cast a glance at it though, instead calling the bartender over and ordering a beer. With that, he shut his eyes, blocking out the grime and the unnoticed blonde nymph beside him.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams
Admin
Matthew Williams

PostSubject: Re: The Last Seat [Roderich]   The Last Seat [Roderich] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 1:22 pm

Matthew's tongue burned when he took a sip of the alcohol. He coughed and stared at the drink. What a deceptively smooth name for such a strong taste. But, Matthew had paid for it, he was going to drink it. He assumed it'd get better the more he tried it. Matthew was busy sipping his drink that he failed to notice the Austrian boy claim the empty seat beside him. But he turned his head and blinked slightly. Slightly disorienting having an empty seat be filled while he isn't looking, Matthew opened his mouth. "Piano man!" He blurted- not loud, just quietly, because it was the boy, it was him - Roderich - the one who played piano with him once and was really really good! "Er- I mean, Roderich~!" He corrected with a little giggle. How odd. He didn't think he was drunk... His face went pink and he drank from his glass to cover up his embarrasment. Hopefully Roderich wouldn't comment and Matthew would be saved from scathing comments.

Looking Roderich up and down, he noticed how much older the other was. Matthew knew he was underage, but it didn't bother him. His fake ID just felt like a lie, which it was. And Matthew had no trouble lying to people he didn't know. If he got more aquainted with the barman, maybe he would come out with the truth and be banned from the place, which he really didn't want. So, all he had to do was not assosiate with anyone who worked there, no problem!

(( Short. =n= Lack of motivation for writing posts atm. ))
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: The Last Seat [Roderich]   The Last Seat [Roderich] Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 8:40 pm

Roderich jolted at the sudden exclamation from beside him. He peeled his eyes open slowly, not quite sure if the name “piano man” had been directed at him or not. It soon became apparent as his eyes settled on a very familiar blond nymph settled beside him. It took him a few moments to place the creature, but the memories dimly made their way back to the first day of school. His nose instantly wrinkled in disdain.

For a few long seconds, silence reigned. The Austrian had completely forgotten the other boy's name, and it left him grasping for suitable words. Mostly, though, the entire situation filled him with dread. He could not say that he had exactly...relished in the forgettable boy's company. The blond had seemed annoying enough under normal circumstances. The prospect of hanging out with him drunk seemed like a horrid idea. In fact, the way he was acting already communicated slight drunkenness. Roderich vaguely wondered how much the other had consumed already...

“Good...evening,” hummed the Austrian carefully as his beer arrived before moving on to snarkier comments. “You are a bit young to be drinking, are you not? Or have you just descended down the social ladder to delinquency. You did seem descended for that path, so eager to attack me on our first meeting. I really try not to keep company with delinquents. Especially drunken ones.”

The Austrian vaguely wondered if that was a lie. A part of his mind chimed in that he rather liked the chaos delinquents brought to his rather orderly life. Roderich made no effort to amend the statement for now. It was probably best to just scare off the younger student and then continue to drink in peace, enjoying the freedom of being of age.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams
Admin
Matthew Williams

PostSubject: Re: The Last Seat [Roderich]   The Last Seat [Roderich] Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 6:35 am

Matthew bit his lip and turned to face his glass. "Ignore me, sorry." He dipped his finger in the remainder of his drink and swirled it. "Sorry..." He wasn't sure what he was apologising about, but it felt necessary. Roderich seemed less than pleased to see him. He was pulling a face- or, he was sort of pulling one. Matthew wasn't sure whether he was doing it on purpose or if it was just a trick of the light.... The silence that followed was a bit awkward, to say the least, and Matthew felt the need to say something. But he refrained until Roderich said something first.

"Shh!" He bit his lip suddenly. "Shush, they think I'm old enough to drink! Don't go saying things which could get me chucked out!" He said, trying to be heard above the music and keep his voice down at the same time. "I'm just seeing what it's like is all! I... I've never had alcohol before, so..." He shrugged and pointed at his drink, "Thought I'd start small, but this stuff was surprisingly strong." Matthew couldn't help but feel childish, not understanding alcoholic drinks. "And just for the record, I don't care who you hang out with. I don't consider myself a deliquent, just a curious teenager. Though I admit, I don't know what kind of a person I am when drunk..."

He fiddled with his drink before pushing it away. "What do you suggest I try? Something which makes a good starter alcohol... If such a thing even exists."
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: The Last Seat [Roderich]   The Last Seat [Roderich] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:56 pm

Roderich merely stared at Matthew for a few long minutes, not sure how to deal with the boy. Mentioning a bit louder about how he was underage did have a certain appeal to it...However, even to the Austrian, it seemed overly cruel. For many years he had been sneaking into the bar with a fake ID. He would have mauled anyone who dared to expose him during one of his evenings at the bar. It would be much kinder to just bear with Matthew for one simple evening. All the fussy gentleman needed to do was just envision the nymph playing the piano for him. It had an instant calming effect.

“Fine. Sit here and drink. Just be quiet. I will not be dragging you back to school if you get completely wasted either, so please refrain from excessive drinking. In fact, it would probably be in your best interest to just pretend that I am not here at all, because I will not be the responsible adult tonight.” Roderich stretched his limbs as he instructed Matthew on the rules for the evening. A quick glance was cast in the taller man's direction to make sure he comprehended his words. Once satisfied that he was understood, he took a long, slow swig of his beer.

“It seems silly to be trying to get yourself into drinking just to do it. No peer pressure or taste for it. Idiotic delinquent,” he shook his head as though he was somehow above all of it. “But, ah, I have heard teenagers like sweeter things. I prefer a good beer, but I know lots of other students go for the flavored vodkas. You could try one of those. I do not know much about the mixed drinks. You will just have to experiment...”

His nose wrinkled at the thought of encouraging the boy to experiment with drinks. That would lead to a lot of drinking and then, possibly, drunkenness. A scary thought. Yet, at the same time, he could not help but feel his curiosity peak. He almost wanted to see what would happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Last Seat [Roderich]   The Last Seat [Roderich] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Last Seat [Roderich]
Page 1 of 1