The Zodiac School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Zodiac School

A Hetalia RPG AU with supernatural beings~ Where all types of creatures can come to learn!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Matthew Williams
Admin
Matthew Williams

First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed]   First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 2:06 pm

Matthew peered at the man through his eyelashes, shyly. "Y-You think?" He asked, a blush rising in his cheeks. "I dunno... I mean... Maybe. I've had a couple of friends before, but not proper friends..." He'd never been good at interacting with people, as Roderich had just witnessed... He nibbled at his lip, before deciding to strike up a little small talk that didn't revolve around what just happened.

"So... What did you say you were?" He asked, curiously. "Or did you tell me in the first place? I can't... remember..." He scratched his head and grinned sheepishly, feeling silly. Were they being proper... What could he call it? Ah, aquaintances? Matthew took notice of his posh outfit and his perfect hair. He was certainly well groomed... He must be rich! Matthew's family sure wasn't. They were... Average. He supposed. He took off his glasses to clean them, and avoid staring at Roderich for too long.
Back to top Go down
https://thezodiacschool.rpg-board.net
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed]   First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 6:09 pm

Roderich tilted his head to glance at the nymph but instantly found himself regretting the action. He had never seen a person give him such a look before. The blushing, shy face threw him all off, and he could not say he was overly fond of. In no way did the aristocrat find the shy boy to be adorable or someone worth gushing over. No, instead, the lack of confidence disgusted the Austrian. He could not, however, be openly rude again.

“Of course,” attempted the alp instead, “Someone is certain to fall in love with your...charms and drag you about to meet all of their friends. Happens all the time.” With that, the Austrian turned his head away from the poor looking boy in the hopes that silence would fall once again. It, of course, did not.

“I am an alp,” he eventually answered, ignoring the younger student's awkwardness. “In the most basic of explanations, I am a mist that can control your dreams and cause sleep paralysis...and my human form drinks blood when the urge hits. I apologize if you already knew that. It is just easier to explain right away.”
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams
Admin
Matthew Williams

PostSubject: Re: First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed]   First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 4:04 pm

Matthew's breath hitched and he leaned away slightly. An Alp! He'd vaguelly heard of them, but never encountered one... But what would an Alp want with his blood? Compared to humans, his blood was only 10% acctual blood cells, and the rest was water, diluting it! ...It'd never be satisfactory for a bloodsucker. And that was the only thing that prevented Matthew from freaking out whenever he approached a vampire or something of the sort - Knowing that they wouldn't like his blood. That, and the fact that he could replenish himself by jumping in a lake, or something of the sorts. Still, that didn't prevent the little squeak that made it's way out of his mouth, and his skin start to transform into ice... This was a sign of fear. A defence mechanism, if you will.

"I-Is that so...?" He tried to keep the tremor out of his voice. Sure, Roderich wouldn't suck his blood, but that didn't mean he wouldn't plague Matthew with nightmares as well! He felt his skin become a little more solid than fleshy around his neck and chest, the two places he wanted to protect the most. "That's... fascinating? I suppose? T-Tell me, ah..." Think of a subject think of a subject think of a subject think of a subject! "What's your favourite food?!" Darn... Not the best conversation starter, are you, Matthew?
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed]   First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 3:32 pm

Roderich blinked in slight surprise as the nymph suddenly moved away from him. He was not sure if he should be insulted or slightly smug. He huffed slightly, but sat back, deciding to calmly enjoy the fear his species managed to instil in the child. Though, despite trying to look huffy and uninterested, he could not help but stare as the timid boy's skin started to turn into ice in front of him. His fingers begged to reach out and touch the slowly freezing skin. Why he was protecting his skin now, Roderich did not know. Even if he were to try and drink the sub-par blood of a nymph, he would not do it out in front of all these other students. It was much more fun to scare the victim in the dead of night in their own room, paralyzed and unable to scream.

“Do not worry,” said Roderich eventually. “I much prefer pastries, cake, to blood. Especially the watery blood of a nymph. And if it makes you feel even better, I do not know where your room is. Even if, for some bizarre reason, I wished to put the effort in to torment you, I do not yet know where you reside or if you have pesky roommates.”
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams
Admin
Matthew Williams

PostSubject: Re: First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed]   First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 11:01 am

"Oh, apparently I'm in room seventys-- Uh..." Matthew began, without thinking and clamped his hand over his mouth. "I mean, uh..." Well done, Matthew. You're an idiot. Perhaps you should just hand in your... uh... thing-that-makes-you-a-student and just leave and don't come back. Because with a brain like that, you ain't gonna do well. Wait, hang on, that wasn't the right kind of mindset! Matthew would have to work harder to improve his mental and physical health! He was a Nymph, he was close to a god! He was... Awesome! Yes, so awesome! Matthew's worried frown broke out into a happy smile, despite not having said anything at all.

"Well, whatever. We've got about 50% blood, which is enough to hold the oxygen with the help of the water! Isn't it clever?" He giggled and clapped his hands excitedly. Woah, he must be bi-polar or something... He should get that checked out. As for now, he smiled at Roderich. "What do you do? Do you take... Art? Ah, Music? French?" He listed a few of his favourite subjects he was going to be taking, happy that he and Roderich wouldn't be in the same class.
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed]   First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 8:49 pm

Roderich stared, wondering if the boy next to him was an idiot. He had been kind, generous even, deciding to leave this student alone by giving countless excuses as to why it would be inconvenient to torment him in the night, and yet the student just spurted off his room number like he wanted to be hunted down. He tilted his head, opened his mouth, and tried to figure out what to do with the child, but he could find no words. His mouth shut again, giving up and decided to pretend the strange student had said nothing at all.

Then, the child was beaming up at him. Taken aback by the sudden change in the boys mood from horrified to cheerful and chatty, Roderich sat in a baffled silence as the nymph told him facts that did not really interest him. He could not, however, betray any of those feelings of disinterest. He did not want a repeat of the interaction they had a few moments ago. The nymph's unpredictable personality almost scared him.

“Is that so? What a lovely system. You keep predators away, use your body for your powers, and still function. Fascinating,” he tried, doing a rather good job of sounding interested. He glanced down at his schedule to see what classes he had this year. “I do take music. Music is my favourite class,” he murmured, starting to open up a bit. “I have my basic academics—math, English...Plus cooking and species specific studies.”
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams
Admin
Matthew Williams

PostSubject: Re: First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed]   First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:41 am

The man tended to stop and think for very short periods of time, going over things in his head, his expression staying cool and stony. Yet... Hm. Handsome. Matthew wanted to be handsome. Instead, he was bound to be pretty, beautiful even. And why would he complain about this? Because he was a nymph. He was beautiful in the way of women, not the way of men. His sexuality was threatened every moment of his life. At least he had his half brother, Alfred, to defend him and beat up anyone mean... Oh, but Matthew liked standing up for himself. Although, seeing as what just happened, he didn't know if he could even do that right...
Still...

Matthew nodded. "Cooking! I love cooking, it's such a fun pass-time! And Music? Aha, you must be so much more skilled than me, cos you're older!" Matthew would be lying if he was sure the other was being nice again. It was hard not to suspect someone of something like that, after what had just happened. If Arthur Kirkland hadn't cut in, there most likely would have been bloodshed of some sort. And that wasn't an over exaggeration, because the man was a bloodsucker after all. Matthew's blood spilled easily, too. Coughing slightly, Matthew redirected his thoughts to the current conversation. "Ah... Look. You must think I'm some sort of an idiot, I get it. I'm so sorry." Ok. That wasn't... Quite what Matthew meant. By getting back into the current conversation. Perhaps he should talk about music again? Oh, but it was far too late now. Just go with the flow, Matthew~

"Aheh..." Rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly, Matthew shut his eyes so as not to have to look at the other any more, unwilling to stare at his own reflection in those glasses of the other. They were nice glasses, designer, Matthew was sure. The man looked rich after all. Matthew's were half-bent cheap ones, because they often fell off and got stepped on for one reason or another. At least he was used to them, now. Speaking of glasses... Matthew jammed his hand in his pocket and pulled out a handful of little posh sweeties. Ok, he didn't know how glasses reminded him of candy, don't question it! But all the same, he unwrapped one and popped it in his mouth, sucking on it happily, his mood springing right back up. Perhaps... Perhaps the sweeties would distract Roderich from Matthew's momentary mini-freak out?
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed]   First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 7:30 pm

((See those? Those are not paragraphs radiating contempt. No, those are really waves of friendship, I promise. Iamsorryiamdifficult. *hides head in hands in shame*))

Roderich could practically see the waves of enthusiasm rolling off the child next to him. Rainbows of joy and excitement that just rubbed the Austrian the wrong way for no good reason. It clashed with him, his quiet, nonchalant, calmness. Perhaps it was silly and petty, or perhaps his dislike stemmed from the fact he had been prevented from tearing the nymph to pieces. Though, he certainly did not wish to be given the opportunity again. It was merely the principle of it all. He had been made angry and he would have to cling to that anger and dislike, unable to quickly let it go.

“Perhaps. Maybe. I am sure you play quite fine for your age. It is not a large gap anyways. You may play just as well,” he said, politeness dripping in gobs from his tone. The Austrian did not honestly believe that the nymph played better than him, or even as well as him. His arrogant mind doubted that any student in the school played better than him. How could they? No, he definitely played better than any of his fellow students.

Roderich raised an eyebrow at the sudden apology from the nymph. While he was grateful for the apology, Roderich was pretty sure that Matthew did not get it. He seemed further from getting it than anyone he had ever met before. Yet again, these thoughts were carefully hidden away as if they did not exist. For a moment, he paused to silently applaud himself for getting better at hiding such cruel thoughts from someone who bothered him. Normally, his temper would have violently flooded out. One angry spurt was enough for the first day back at school.

He sighed, realizing he probably ought to try harder to be kind to the nymph. He looked at Matthew more carefully this time, taking in the small details. He was a pretty little creature, but he was hidden under ratty attire. Everything was cheap and sort of dingy; really quite disgusting. He started to wrinkle his nose in distaste, but suddenly he spotted treats being pulled out of a pocket. Suddenly, his posture became perfect and any waves of contempt were smothered in favor of hopeful ones. Roderich quickly looked away though, not wishing to be caught staring, coveting objects from the dingy nymph.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams
Admin
Matthew Williams

PostSubject: Re: First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed]   First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 5:11 am

Matthew didn’t miss that look Roderich gave. He must have a sweet tooth, then. Taking out a small piece of fudge, Matthew took a bite, cheerfully watching Roderich’s expression carefully. The candy tasted so good… Matthew couldn’t help but let out a small moan. Popping the rest of it into his mouth quickly, Matthew licked off his fingers and returned his attention to Roderich.

“You think so? Well in any case, I’d love to hear you play. We have a few hours to spare after all,” He beamed. Perhaps this would be what stopped them being on bad terms and make the friends…? That would be nice. Not giving the other much choice, he turned and headed towards the door and to the music room. If Roderich didn’t follow, then he didn’t follow. If he did, then he’d get candy. To make sure Roderich understood this point, Matthew flashed the bag of candy pleasantly.

He supposed that, really, Roderich wasn’t that bad a person. He was just a little prideful… Ok, a lot prideful… And perhaps somewhat socially awkward. Not to mention good looking. Ah! Bad Nymph, stop being a sexual deviant! He scolded himself mentally. Sometimes it was difficult, being a male nymph. Not only was he feminine, but he was also a gender-confused minx.

He was jerked out of his train of thought, however, when he heard a small “Who?” behind him. Turning around, he saw Kumajirou nudging at Roderich’s ankle, as though prompting him to follow the little bear’s master. How sweet.
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed]   First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 5:14 pm

Roderich stared straight ahead, a scowl placed firmly upon his face. The obnoxious nymph obviously was trying to be friendly, with all its unimportant babbles. If he was so desperate for friends, then he ought to be consistent in his attempts to woo him into a friendship. He ought to be offering the huffy aristocrat one of those absolutely delicious looking candies, not eating them rudely in front of the boy. All it was doing was sending the alp into a worse mood.

“That will have to be some other time. I have other things I need to attend to first,” he answered dismissively. However, it did not appear that the boy was even listening to a thing Roderich said. Instead, the troublesome nymph was already up and heading to the door, seeming to just expect Roderich to follow after him. Then, to make matters worse, the nymph turned back and waved that bag of candy in a tantalizing way.

He was honestly not sure if he ought to be excited or terribly insulted.

It was nice to know someone wanted to hear his piano music. He was talented and he knew it. It was even better to know he would be getting candy as well as playing the piano. On the other hand, he felt like he was being bribed. It was like offering a dog a treat in reward for doing a trick. This lowly boy, a male nymph wrapped up in dingy and cheap clothing, thought it was okay to treat him, Roderich Edelstein, a child of a rich and influential family, like a common dog who knew how to sit. It was most certainly unacceptable, and no matter how much he liked pianos and sweets, it would not be tolerated. T-those...Those sweets...They probably were not that good anyways.

Roderich stood and stalked over to the student, displeasure clearly written on his face. He did not even notice the bear poking at his feet as he made his way across the room. He stopped near the Canadian nymph, close enough to talk comfortably but far enough to even out their height difference a smidgen. He glared.

“I am no pauper child, so please do not treat me as such,” Roderich grumbled irately. “I will not be bribed like a child with a simple bag of sweets, so please do not try. I said I have other things I need to do.”

((/totally was not supposed to reply to my rp with Arthur before my rp with you, noo. Anger > Philosophical discussions.))
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams
Admin
Matthew Williams

PostSubject: Re: First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed]   First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 2:33 pm

Matthew heard his excuse. Matthew didn't like it. He wanted to play with Roderich, and he didn't want to play later... Because he was stubborn like that! Candy was pretty much his only bribe, because he doubted that without it, Roderich would even bother sticking around. So he should milk it for all it was worth. Roderich obviously seemed interested, Matthew could see it in his eyes. But... He didn't want to give in and just go with Matthew, which would be the easier option! With the bonus of music and sugary treats! So why not follow?

Roderich started to follow, and Matthew grinned, thinking he'd succeeded, but then the other stopped. Why?! He thought he'd snagged him! But no, he stopped at a safe distance. Which Matthew changed, by moving slightly closer to him. Only marginally, no real difference. Well, it was to Matthew. The closer the got, the more pleased he felt. Ah, but then Roderich spoke his mind. So that was the problem! Roderich was a snob! And he had "Other things to do". Matthew frowned.

"Whatever you have to do, go do it, I don't mind." Because, you know, politeness was important. "Although, I was going to offer to share my sweets with you... It's not a bribe, there's just too much here to eat by myself! And... It's lovely to have someone to share with. If you would... You know, share with me... I'll be happy. And the music is a beautiful bonus, of course. Your hands look skilled and slender..." -He had to resist grabbing one- "So I'd like to hear it. But, like you said, another time." That should do it. Flattery often went the right way.

Matthew turned and started to walk away again. He whistled as he did so, before calling out, "Kumajiji, come along!" And smiled when he obediently followed. Now it was up to Roderich if he would follow and be rewarded with candy and music, or leave and do boring "Other things". Hmph. Stupid other things.
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed]   First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:47 am

Roderich stared, carefully moving backwards after the dingy boy stepped closer in an attempt to bridge the gap between them. The closer he was, the harder it was to resist. He was determined not to fall into the well-made trap of the taller nymph. The candy and music were tantalizing, and Matthew's cheaper appearance made Roderich pity the boy. He regarded him as a poor boy on the street, begging the well-off to spare him just a few moments of attention...

Did he really have things that were more important to do? He needed to unpack, but that was all. That was a task that could be done at a later time. This sounded much more fascinating anyways. He could show off his talents in music to this nymph. A nymph! They were talented creatures. If he could play better than a nymph it would prove his skill in music.

Roderich was vaguely aware of the kid complementing his hands as he mused. Unconsciously, he stretched and splayed his long digits, some part of him recognizing and basking in the complement. Normally people regarded his piano player hands as something that should be seen upon the hands of the aye-aye. It never bothered him, he liked the nightmarish creatures, but it was refreshing to have someone speak of them in an awe-filled tone.

By the time Roderich was jolted from his silent musing, the nymph was gone. He frowned, glancing around before spying him moving down the hallway without a second glance at him. The Austrian quickly caught up to him and matched his pace and not saying word about candies or music. He raked his gaze over the nymph with a lazy hum before speaking about anything.

“So, nymph, what was your name? It appears to have slipped my mind.”
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams
Admin
Matthew Williams

PostSubject: Re: First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed]   First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:57 pm

It worked. Matthew knew his plan would work, of course. No doubt in his mind. At all. Nope... None whatsoever. Because... It would be just utterly impossible for it to not work...

... Maybe.

Well, it did work, and that's all that matters! And Matthew felt a smug feeling well up in the pit of his stomach, along with... Something else. Something he couldn't quite name. So he ignored it and turned his attention to the snobby Austrian, smiling. "I'm happy you chose to follow me. As for my name, it's Matthew, and it's rude to forget someone's name so soon after they've introduced themselves." He pouted. Well, it didn't matter, really. People forgot his name all the time. Well, more than his name. His existance too. It should just be habit now.

Matthew shrugged it off and continued to walk, nearing the large music room. He hoped. He'd not been here before and the layout was a bit baffling, but he'd been given a map in order to find each of his classrooms easier. Apparently there were secret passages around the school, too, but Matthew didn't want to go through one and get lost. So instead, he followed the route his map supplied. "I love your accent, by the way. German, but camp. Austrian, I take it?" By all means, that was not meant to be an insult. Matthew was innocently curious, and would sometimes say stupid things like that, which in turn would end up getting him in trouble.

That didn't stop Matthew from losing his beaming smile or the happy little strides in his step as he waited for the reply.
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed]   First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 4:35 pm

Roderich snorted, choosing to act as though he gave little thought to the tall nymph beside him. He let his eyes instead wander across the walls of the halls. Despite being sent here many years ago, around the age of thirteen, the walls never seized to amaze him. The stone relics were older than some of the teachers, more intelligent, yet still falling to pieces. It calmed him, made him smile and relax.

“I apologize, Matthew. I have a bad habit of forgetting names,” he replied carefully, drawing out the name and thoroughly testing it so that he would not make the mistake of forgetting it again. It would, though, probably be forgotten again. Roderich saw little use in being able to recognize the boy past being the mystifying, massive, male nymph.

The Austrian cast a few more glances at Matthew, taking him in, figuring him out. He supposed that the boy was not any different than any of the other new students. Matthew was happy, fascinated, eager. Roderich was jaded and bored. In a way, Roderich found himself jealous of the joy that Matthew commanded. Presumably, this led to an instant dislike of the nymph. The spoiled child did not approve of his lesser having more than him. For this reason, no slips of the tongue, even well-meaning ones, could be accepted.

“...Camp?” hissed the well-off alp. He paused though, managing to fix his tone into something more pleasant, “It is Austrian. It is not, however, “campy” as you put it. It is elegant.” He snorted grouchily, before judging the boy's tone. “What is your accent? American?” Roderich asked with a slight tinge of disdain.

The Austrian could not remain angry for long though, as he had spotted the music room. He visibly perked, eager for the sight of his relaxing instruments. It had been far too long since he had seen them! Roderich was not permitted to play too much at his home. This was a long needed, long missed, treat. Matthew was forgotten as Roderich pulled the doors open to reveal what felt like his home.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams
Admin
Matthew Williams

PostSubject: Re: First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed]   First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 3:13 am

It was nice to get an apology from someone who'd forgotten his name for once... and Matthew smiled slightly, watching Roderich out of the corner of his eye with a small smile on his face. The other seemed to think a lot, from what he could tell... Then again, so did Matthew, it was nothing new. He observed Roderich a little more. There was a very handsome quality about that man... His cheekbones, for one, were gorgeously sculpted, his hair was glossy and perfect, and there was a regal air to him. Not to mention he was calm and not bursting with emotion like Matthew always seemed to be... When Roderich glanced at Matthew, his gaze flicked to something else, just in case Roderich thought he was staring.

The hiss sent a chill down Matthew's spine which told him he'd opened his gob and said the wrong thing. Naturally, no one would like their accent or heritage being called camp, no matter how true it was... so he hung his head slightly and mumbled a soft "sorry". There was a moment's silence in which he thought Roderich would decide to leave instead of stay and risk being any more insulted. But instead, he opened his mouth and said the one thing Matthew just could not tolerate being called.

"For your information," he snapped, "I'm not one of those stupid, obnoxious, bratty, annoying, JERKS who call themselves Americans, fuck no!" He found himself yelling for part of that. "I'm a proud Canadian, eh!" ...Alright, so he just insulted his brother and father, who're both Americans... But it was true! And it was also true that Americans make fun of the Canadians a lot! He wouldn't want to be one in his lifetime, good god, no!

...But he took a deap breath and slowly calmed himself, and shut his eyes. "I mean... No. Just Canadian... It was a simple mistake to make, I'm sure..." He also couldn't help but notice that he'd pretty much blown up, like Roderich had, and that made him feel worse for insulting his accent. But he just hoped the other wouldn't bring up that point, choosing to walk in silence until they reached the music room.

Watching Roderich cheer up, enough to smile even (though Matthew doubted he knew that he was smiling), was quite sweet. The air around him had changed, and he looked like a kid in a candy store as he pulled open the doors. There were quite a lot of instruments in there. A massive grand piano took the center of the room, while around the edges were violins, cellos, and a few others Matthew wasn't quite sure of the names for. In the far corner was a set of electric guitars which'd collected dust along with their amps, and next to them were a couple of stacks of chairs. Matthew chose to stand by the piano and smile nervously at Roderich. He must be really good if he was willing to go up against a nymph, who were known for their astounding ability in all things music and art. (Even though Matthew was still learning most things, but Roderich didn't need to know that).

(( : D *Insulted all Americans trolololol* And if you find something wrong with this post, just tell me and I'll edit it ))
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed]   First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 7:32 pm

Roderich found himself not exactly minding anymore that the tall nymph had insulted his accent or that the boy was staring at him. There must be a reason for such activity. He slowly began to decide that Matthew had never seen a rich man or an Austrian. He obviously did not know how to hold his tongue or respect him properly. Roderich could forgive Matthew's ignorance though. He was just a little child from across the ocean. He just did not know better. Many of the students in the school were ignorant brats too. At least this brat knew how to apologize.

A brow arched in surprise as the boy blew up for the second time. He vaguely wondered if Matthew was usually so angry or if he had just touched upon a nerve. Twice. And then, the apology. It baffled the Austrian, as though his new and unwanted friend was bipolar. His emotions appeared to be a bit of a roller coaster. An especially scary roller coaster. It terrified Roderich. He almost wanted to stick a hand on Matthew's shoulder to comfort and calm the pauper nymph, to diffuse the situation, but found himself reluctant to touch his less than elegant clothing. He could only imagine what kind of germs crawled around on the lesser boy's body. Becoming sick was the last thing Roderich wanted.

“I apologize. Canadian? I was under the impression that Canadians were polite, a nice stereotype to have...,” he trailed off, staring ahead, almost looking rather pleased with himself. A few steps went on with him remaining silent. He vaguely noted that Matthew blew up the same way he had, but choose not to say anything on the matter. There was no need to bring up his anger again, especially when he was in his beloved music room.

Roderich's gaze followed Matthew as the boy instantly went for the grand piano. He lingered a moment though, admiring the instruments along the walls. The small smile on his face grew as he slid his fingers across a flute, then a trumpet, and finally a violin. He mentally apologized to the objects for getting his fingerprints and germs on their surfaces before turning back to the nymph. Hesitating again, he cast an envious glance toward a large harp set elegantly in front of one of the oversized windows. He wanted it. This room was gorgeous. This room made him greedy. He wanted to play everything at once, to master and worship each instrument. He shook his head though, sighing at himself and stepping over to Matthew.

“This is a beautiful room, ja? It is almost magical,” he stopped in front of Matthew, one hand instantly moving to stroke the piano. It was smooth, beautiful, and made the aristocratic boy want to melt right then and there. He did not betray his adoration though, instead looking the nymph over skeptically. “I do not need to point that out to a nymph though, do I? I imagine you are quite talented...But would you mind if I played first? It has been awhile since I got to play this piano. I miss it.”
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams
Admin
Matthew Williams

PostSubject: Re: First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed]   First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 3:07 am

The Austrian irked Matthew on occasion... He said things that Matthew didn't like- But then again, Matthew must irritate Roderich in the same way. Still, when Roderich walked towards each of the instruments as though sucked towards them by a gravitational pull, Matthew knew that there was at least one thing they had in common to keep their converstaions growing. Maybe if he struck up a conversation with him, asking about a sheet of music, they'd have something to talk about and not be so bitter to and stiff around each other. Roderich went around admiring the instruments, and that made Matthew smile.

"Yeah. The room is gorgeous... And it probably is magical, y'know. To keep the instruments shiny, stop them tarnishing." Matthew cut himself short there before he went on another rambling conversation about tarnishing instruments. Instead, he gently pressed a key on the piano, making a high note reverberate around the loud, almost echoing room... "Me? I am talented on a few things, yeah..." Matthew hated making himself sound obnoxious, so replying with "Oh yeah, I'm incredibly talented" wasn't something he wanted to do. But neither did he want to make himself sound modest and seeking out a compliment by saying "Talented? Me? Oh, heavens, no, I'm dreadful!" Which would also be lying, and Matthew wasn't fond of lying.

He propped up the top of the piano to maximise the sound and sat back in a comfortable chair, smiling. "Please, play first, that's the reason I took you here, after all..." Kumajirou leaped into Matthew's lap, and Matthew idly petted him, watching Roderich expectantly. Kumajirou, seeing Matthew's attention directed somewhere else, looked over at Roderich too, ears pricked. "Piano," The bear stated simply, blinking slowly. He said no more after that, and Matthew supposed he'd said what he needed to.

"Oh, what'll you be playing?" That was a point. It had to be something really nice and gentle, Roderich looked like that kind of person, or a sad, serene one. Matthew would just have to sit and wait to find out.

(( This was a hard one to reply to 8U ))
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed]   First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 3:04 pm

Each movement was lazy and deliberate from that moment on, radiating a feeling of distaste and detachment. Deep down, he was eager and excited, but to continue showing his need for the piano to the Canadian would undermine his aristocratic image, his inherent superiority. Roderich would never admit it, but he did feel a smidgen threatened by the younger man. He was, after all, a nymph. They were said to be extremely talented in the arts. To lose face to a nymph by playing terribly would be an utter disgrace. To leave the other creature in awe of his talent was what he wanted. He needed to impress Matthew.

“That is not what I meant,” the Austrian quietly hissed as the other rambled about magic and tarnishing, “It is magic in a figurative sense. The prospects, the past, the feeling of the room.” His hands gestured helplessly, trying to explain in a way the other boy could understand. His presumptuous feelings that Matthew was dense, idiotic even, were only growing.

“I would hope you are talented. It would be sort of depressing to have come all the way over here to be let down. I was already let down once. You bribed me with candy yet I have yet to actually get any,” complained the Austrian lightly. There was a shred of a teasing smile on his face as he finally settled on the piano bench. It was quickly hidden away though, as he did not want to seem too normal, too human.

A small scowl was shot in the direction of Matthew's noisy polar bear as it had the audacity to demand that he played the piano, but the expression quickly softened as his gaze fell back on the piano. It was his one true love, perfection personified. No person could ever hope to compete with the beauty and grace of the instrument. Even he could not hope to attain its alluring refinement.

“What would you like me to play?” queried the elder student cockily, tilting his head back, challenge written on his face, ready to prove that he was skilled. “Whatever you want. If I do not know it, hum it or present me with the sheet music. I am sure I can play it.” He paused. “...Unless it is too modern.”
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams
Admin
Matthew Williams

PostSubject: Re: First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed]   First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 5:13 pm

Matthew paused for a moment. "Me? Of course I'm talented. I believe. I could be wrong and you could well think differently about me. In your ears, I could just be some tonedeaf person who seemingly hits keys at random... Matter of opinion. Just saying," He mumbled, though most of that sentence was more to himself, for he did seem to have a habit of muttering to himself when in need of someone to talk to. "And as for the candy, you'll get it after you play." He didn't miss the small, barely existant smile on the other's face, but despite the fact that it was small and vanished quickly, Matthew liked it. It was there, and it gave him an... Odd sense of triumphance.

He watched Roderich take a seat and glower at Kumajirou for speaking. Kumajirou curled up and watched him from the safety of Matthew's lap, and Matthew petted him, muttering about silly polar bears. But Roderich seemed to change completely when he was looking at the piano. It looked to Matthew as though Roderich was about to make sweet, musical love to it. Which gave Matthew weird images which he had to shake out of his head quickly. He decided, to show that he kept his promise, to put a few of the candies up and on top of the piano for Roderich to claim after playing his song. He selected some of the ones which had wrappers on them, for he didn't want to have Roderich moaning at him for damaging the surface of the piano with fudge marks or something like that.

"What woud I like you to play? I... I'm not sure... Surely you could achieve many good songs... But right now, I feel like listening to some Beethoven... So would you play me his fifth symphony? It's one of my favourites! And I'm sure you'll know it." His eyes lit up. Yes, he loved Beethoven's work. But for some reason he preferred the lesser known classical music, music from long ago which didn't get quite the same recognition. He looked down at Kumajirou. The little bear seemed to become excited when Matt had mentioned Beethoven, obviously he'd picked up his love of music from Matthew, and he was proud. Looking back at Roderich, he waited for approval.

Last edited by Matthew Williams on Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed]   First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 5:18 pm

Roderich tilted his head at Matthew, vaguely confused. It seemed like half the things that came out of the other boy's mouth were too quiet for him to understand. He did not, however, miss the comment about the candy, which left him with an irked scowl on his face. He looked at Matthew for a minute before finally speaking with an obviously annoyed and self-righteous tone.

“Could you please speak up? You are practically a ghost right now. Near silent and easy to miss,” he grumbled, irate and seemingly itching to pick a fight again. It was not exactly a conscious effort though, more of an accidentally acted upon urge. The Austrian's body was craving the promised sugar and it was not getting it. It was only serving to make the spoiled aristocrat fussy and hungry. To anyone who realized exactly what was going on, it could be easily identified as an immature move by Roderich.

The Austrian slowly relaxed though, as Matthew placed the candies atop the piano, assuring him that the sweets were not just some false promise. The combination of music and candy was enough to completely dissolve any of the anger or frustration that wracked his body. His pleased look only grew as Matthew asked him to play Beethoven's fifth symphony. Roderich nodded at him, purposefully giving Matthew a soft, kind smile. It was an act of goodwill, almost apologizing for his recent grumpiness.

“I would love to play Beethoven for you. I most certainly do not need sheet music for that,” Roderich answered approvingly before launching fluidly into the song. Instantly, Roderich seemed to be gone from the world. No longer did cruel family issues matter. No longer was he a demonic shell of a previous person, a cursed wreck of a spirit. Any stress that had been weighing the boy down melted away with each stroke of a key. The aristocrat channeled the music, losing himself to its glorious notes. As he swayed and smiled with the melodies, he became the music, pouring himself into every single little note. And for just a few minutes, Roderich no longer felt like a demon struggling on earth but a divine being in some long sought after paradise.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams
Admin
Matthew Williams

PostSubject: Re: First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed]   First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 6:28 am

Matthew ignored the comment that he'd have to speak up. Roderich would just have to strain his ears and hope for the best. Moving on, Matthew was pleased to see that Roderich was slowly relaxing around him. Which was good, Matthew liked company which could be comfortable around him. Not that Roderich looked comfortable, exactly... Just more relaxed.

What's more, Roderich shot him a smile. A proper one. A soft, sweet smile which kind of made everything that had been said all better. Matthew flushed slightly and buried his face in his polar bear's fur, peaking out over the top to watch Roderich play. He sighed softly, happily. Roderich's fingers didn't dance or flutter over the keys like Matthew's did, but they had their own grace which Matthew marvelled at.

The music made him shiver, it was beautiful. It was amazing that it was played so well without instruments coupling it. But what grabbed Matthew's attention even more was the look on Roderich's face. It was so calm, so relaxed, without the glower that Matthew had become so well aquainted with in the past, what, hour? His whole posture stopped being so stiff and Matthew thought it made a great improvement.

Once the piece was finished, Matthew sat quietly, letting the silence wash around them for a few moments before clapping quietly. His smile had reverted back to shy, his cheeks still dusted red. "That was lovely..." He nodded slightly.

(( AS USUAL, TELL ME IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT. ))
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed]   First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 5:36 pm

Roderich slowly broke free from the web of music that he found himself pleasantly entangled in. One last feeling of happiness and bliss filled him before he let reality come smashing down around him. His face slowly fell from its look of uncaring mirth to its usual, well-practiced sternness. One content sigh slipped through his lips before he sat up again, prim, proper, and tense. The change in demeanor only took a mere few seconds, but it made it no less drastic.

Slowly, almost lazily, the Austrian returned his cold gaze to the shy, blushing Canadian sitting across from him. He paused for a moment, raising a curious brow at the flush that had covered the lowly nymph's face. It concerned him. Roderich found himself recoiling at the thought of someone developing a crush on him. The past few years held more than enough playing around with relationships. He intended on taking this year seriously and his seriousness was certainly not going to be ruined by some poor nymph. He would have to put an end to any affectionate delusions swiftly.

With a lazy stretch, Roderich stood up and gazed down at Matthew. “Thank you for your praises. Now, you may play. Do you think you could humor me and play Mozart's 25th Symphony? I grew up in Salzburg so I have a special fondness for Mozart,” he asked carefully. His head tilted as he spoke, unable to help but be vaguely entertained by the sight of the blushing boy cuddling his bear. He shook his head though, tossing the thought away. “I do hope you play well, to give your compliments some merit,” the Austrian challenged.

With that said, he took the candies off the piano and settled in a nearby chair to wait for his new acquaintance to begin playing the piano. Roderich thanked him as he unwrapped the sugary treats and delicately placed one in his mouth. All the others were unwrapped ahead of time and placed carefully on his lap so he would not disrupt the music.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams
Admin
Matthew Williams

PostSubject: Re: First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed]   First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 1:54 pm

"Is that so? I've heard it's a beautiful place... And of course, I'm going to do awesomely!" Matthew vaguelly remembered how Mozarts's 25th symphony went, and stopped to go through the notes in his head. Ah yes, he could do this. Sitting down at the piano, he adjusted the height of the seat slightly and stretched his arms and fingers. Taking a deep breath, he plunged into the music, eyes shutting. This was fun, this was easy, this was... An amazing feeling. Like he was floating. It was just him and the piano.

The song was over before it even started, it felt like. He wanted it to go on longer as he played out the final notes and came to a dramatic end with a flourish of his hands. He let his hands fall to his lap and immediately looked over at Roderich for his approval. Why Matthew felt he needed some sort of approval from the other, he didn't know. He just did.

At the same time, Kumajirou thought it was a good idea to attempt playing the piano himself and had hopped onto Matthew's lap to tap the keys with his large paws. Matthew smiled and cooed at "Cute widdle Kuma playing the piano~!", absentmindedly taking another piece of candy before chucking the bag in Roderich's direction, deciding that he didn't want the rest and the man could have them for his splendid performance.
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed]   First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 7:48 am

Roderich let his eyes fall shut as the nymph started playing the piano. A small, genuine smile spread across his lips as the notes from Mozart's 25th Symphony floated elegantly through the room. The notes were played flawlessly, and any mistakes that were made were quickly forgotten as many beautifully played notes were quick to follow those that were not quite right. The Austrian had to fight the urge to hum along, pleased to hear someone decent at the piano playing for him. It redeemed the raggedy nymph a bit. Just a bit.

Eventually, the music reached a conclusion, which instantly ripped the smile from the vaguely happy Austrian's face. The scowl returned and poor Matthew was once again regarded with a slightly arrogant distaste. No trace of the pleasure of well played music was left. There was only a carefully held aristocrat sitting across from a hopeful nymph. Eventually he sighed, and spoke in a tone that almost seemed depressed with the nymph's success.

“Very nice,” Roderich praised softly, seeing it necessary, “Not perfect, but certainly a nice rendition of it.” A polite smile worked its way onto his face and it became a little genuine when he caught the candies thrown to him. It was fleeting, remaining only for a few moments as the Austrian took a candy and savored the flavor. It quickly turned sour though, as Kumajirou started bashing his paws on the piano, scratching the keys slightly and making discordant sounds. He nearly growled.

“Would you please get that disgusting thing off the piano? It is going to ruin it,” he hissed.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams
Admin
Matthew Williams

PostSubject: Re: First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed]   First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 12:35 pm

Matthew jumped slightly and nodded, picking up Kumajirou. "Hey, Kuma! Would you do me a massive massive favour? I dunno where my room is, perhaps you can find it? I'm in room 49. For reference, that's the number which you said looks like a triangle humping a bug. Now go go go!" Kumajirou was a smart bear, for what he was, and could easily manouver his way around the large school with no problem.

Once Kumajirou was out of sight, Matthew turned back to Roderich. "Sorry Roderich... His nails are clipped and blunt, promise." He carefully took the piano lid and lowered it over the keys with care. "Oh, and enjoy that candy, it's only available in Canada. And it's very good." He nodded, standing and stretching. He was keeping an eye on Roderich's face, because he liked seeing those moments when the other's smiling, instead of giving him a Better-than-you look.

While he was in the music room, Matthew figured he should play something else. So he picked up a flute from its case and blew into it idly, playing a small tune. The sort of tune generally associated with woodland creatures. Matthew continued, enjoying supplying a little background music. Whether Roderich liked it or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed]   First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First day - Meetings and Augmentation [Closed]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next