The Zodiac School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Zodiac School

A Hetalia RPG AU with supernatural beings~ Where all types of creatures can come to learn!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Peter Kirkland (revised/ finished ) Application [a c c e p t e d]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Former Sealand

Former Sealand

Peter Kirkland (revised/ finished ) Application [a c c e p t e d] Empty
PostSubject: Peter Kirkland (revised/ finished ) Application [a c c e p t e d]   Peter Kirkland (revised/ finished ) Application [a c c e p t e d] Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 1:42 pm

~ T H E C H A R A C T E R ~

Peter Kirkland (revised/ finished ) Application [a c c e p t e d] Sealan10

Full name: Peter Kirkland
Hometown: HM Fort Roughs

Creature: 1/2 vampire
Favourite Subject: Art (he can make a mess)
Extra Details: He likes being close to large bodies of water, and the color blue.

Physical description:

Peter looks like a normal twelve year old for the most part except that he's more pale and quite a bit shorter than the average, at four feet three inches. He has a round face, that is usually seen smileing. His dark blue eyes often reflect his mood, you can tell the most about Peter is feeling from his eyes. Peter likes to wear summer clothes, mostly because they remind him of his grandmother and their home by the sea. Most of the time he wears a simple tee-shirt with shorts, except when it's really cold out then his shorts are exchanged for one of the few pairs of pants he owns.

Biology: What's the creature like?

Half vampires share characteristics of both vampires and humans. Most importantly perhaps, is their need for both human food and blood. A half vampire does not need to feed on blood as often as a full vampire does, but they do need to eat and drink about the same amount as a normal human, since most of their needed nutrients come from food and not blood. When a half vampire does feed on blood though, it is not the same experience a normal vampire would have. A half vampire, in theory, could survive by drinking their own blood, but it would not be as rewarding nutrient or taste wise. Normal vampires can sense the emotions of their prey as they consume their blood, and a half vampire can also do that but not to the same extent as a normal vampire could.

A half vampire can do many things that vampires can do, though not as well, for example a half vampire has better night vision than humans, but cannot see as well in the dark as a vampire can. Most vampiristic characteristics carry over to half vampires in this sense, they have them, but they are not as potent as a full vampire's, another example would be their life span, they live longer than a normal human would, though not as long as a normal vampire would.

Personality/Habits:

Peter is immature even for a twelve year old, and he is somewhat lacking in social skills. He loves playing pranks but will throw a fit when others play pranks on him. He can be very whiny, especially when he is tired. Though he has mostly grown out of it, he still will throw a tantrum, mostly when you call him short. He also enjoys child-like things like toy boats and airplanes, and he will watch Sponge Bob with almost a religious intensity.

Peter really likes to brag about himself. He believes whole heartedly that he deserves to be accepted as a vampire and that he should live among them. Though he knows his grandmother would never agree. He will often boast about his half vampire powers saying that he could even rival some vampires (including his brother), in reality though this is a falacy. Peter would get the crap beat out of him by any normal or weaker- than -normal vampire.

History:

Before Peter was born the Kirkland family was already facing a crisis. Thier edest son Arthur had almost died several times before he was even three years old, the stress that that put on the family was showing. Arthur's parents began to grow apart, each one feeling the problems with their son's heart was the other's fault. It was during this time of unrest that Arthur's father met a beautiful human woman, and about a year later Peter was born, his mother died giving birth. Feeling that he was the cause for the poor woman's death, and feeling ashamed at his weakness for even concieving a child out of wedlock, he sent his son away to live with his rich grandmother by the sea.

Peter's grandmother, like most other grandmothers with lots of money, spoiled her grandson, buying him toys and sweets often, she even payed for private tutors to come to the house, she didn't even seem to mind that her grandson was only half human. Peter grew up, secluded and away from other vampires, in a large mansion with many human servants. Sometimes he would play with other children, but as he got older and his vampire charicteristics got more apparent, the villiage people would no longer alow their children to come play with the "demon in the mansion". Peter, having no other children with which to play devolped quite an imagination, he also devolped a craving for human blood. He surpressed it feeling that it would take away the small chance that remained of him ever gaining new friends. He spent years this way, relying on the blood of animals for the nutrients he needed, until one day he bit the mansion's cook. The cook was a former villiager who had come to live at the mansion, and when the villiage people learned about what Peter had done they attacked the old woman's house demanding the blood of the creature that had taken the blood of their friend, though Peter didn't kill the man the villiagers had seen the wounds he had left and they were afraid that next time Peter would killl someone. The grandmother begged for her grandson's life saying that she would send him away if they promised not to kill him, and so Peter was sent to the Zodiac school, to learn how to control his vampire side, and to maybe make some friends.

Other Information: Peter really does not like the way that vampires, and half vampires are potrayed in Twilight.

Role Play Sample:

Peter creeped down the hall as quietly as he could, hoping that no one was awake to hear him. Finally, he had made it. He stood for a moment looking around at the kitchen in triumph, glad that he hadn't got caught. He easily maneuvered his way around the counter and into the fridge. It was dark, but Peter didn't mind it just meant he was less likely to be seen and that's how he wanted it.

Quietly he stared at the contents of the fridge. Peter was so thirsy, he thought he was going to scratch his throat out, if he didn't get something to drink soon. He grabbed the milk and began to drink straight from the carton. He wiped his mouth with his sleeve then put the empty milk carton back in the fridge, knowing it would annoy his grandma. His throat felt a little better but it still felt scratchy, Peter knew though, that without hunting his throat would not feel any better than this.

As luck would have it, at that moment he heard two cats fighting outside of the kitchen window. He slid it open, then gracefully slipped outside in his footy pajamas to hunt in the dark. It didn't take him long to catch a cat, and once his throat felt normal again he headed back to the mansion.

As quietly as he could he slipped into the kitchen window. Suddenly the light flicked on and an elderly woman stood before him with a scowl on her wrinkled face and an empty milk jug in her hand. "H-hi grandma, are we out of milk?" he siad timidly.

The old woman just continued to scowl then grabbed the boy by his ear and dragged him up to his room. Muttering things all the way up about how much trouble he was going to be in in the morning, after she had got some sleep.

~ O O C I N F O R M A T I O N ~

Your name: Skye
Time-zone: Central Daylight Time
Email/AIM/MSN/Etc: skyevilsister@aol.com
Did you read the rules?: I'm actually wearing a swim suit top right now, that's blue with stars.
Anything else you want to add: After giving it some thought i thought this creature would be a better fit, if there is anything you don't like or want me to change I don't mind. And I deeply apologize for getting this in so late, and that it isn't that long.

Last edited by Skye on Sun May 29, 2011 2:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams
Admin
Matthew Williams

PostSubject: Re: Peter Kirkland (revised/ finished ) Application [a c c e p t e d]   Peter Kirkland (revised/ finished ) Application [a c c e p t e d] Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 2:30 pm

Ah, I can't accept you yet. Now, I do have to raise some problems with your app, but please don't be put off by this! I don't want to scare you away, but these can't be ignored.

1. The first thing you must do, the very first thing, is reserve your character. This is taken as granted, because we don't want two people posting apps for the same character because it can end badly. Before you do anything, you need to reserve your character, or you will not be accepted.

2. This is actually a common mistake, but you mustn't post as a reply to the template, it needs to be a topic. I fixed it though, it's cool.

3. I must stress this, even though it's everywhere in the forum; This is an AU. AKA, these people are not countries, they are just people! ...Supernatural people!

4. The ages in the Zodiac School range from 11-18. Peter will not be the youngest person there. By a long shot. Also, he's really short for his age, like, extremely short. The average for a 12 year old is 5 foot.

5. The physical description is extremely short. As is everything else. Please expand on everything, there is so much description and information you could include which you didn't, and it lacks so much. This is nowhere near up to standards, the potential is so obvious! So I'm sure you can really strain your brain cells and come out with something outstanding, right? Awesome.

6. I really, really, strongly suggest that you read through Arthur's application, seeing as that's Peter's big brother and you can work with him like this.

Okay, once you reserve your character, you'll have a week to work on your application, improving it and whatnot, and just tell me when you're done. Please put extra hard work into the History, too, because History is such a large part of a person's character, I need to see it developed! Thank you and good luck~
Back to top Go down
https://thezodiacschool.rpg-board.net
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: Peter Kirkland (revised/ finished ) Application [a c c e p t e d]   Peter Kirkland (revised/ finished ) Application [a c c e p t e d] Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 2:48 pm

Yes, please talk to me about family history because

a) Arthur's families are vampires. I want to know how a daylight creature copes with that

and b) Arthur has heart issuses that would likely affect Peter emotionally, seeing as Arthur nearly died several times when they were children.

If you need to, PM me so we can work on it, or if you have skype I can help you there. Your creature part should be a bit longer - look at Im Yong Soo's as he's a kumiho.

Overall it has the makings of a good app but that's all it is; a skeleton.
Back to top Go down
Former Sealand

Former Sealand

PostSubject: Re: Peter Kirkland (revised/ finished ) Application [a c c e p t e d]   Peter Kirkland (revised/ finished ) Application [a c c e p t e d] Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 3:10 pm

O.k it's no problem, I'll get to work on it! Thanks for your help! And about the age/ height i only said he was the youngest because I didn't see anyone else younger than him in the other applications, I think I looked through all of them, but maybe not, and I got the hieght from http://hetalia.wikia.com/wiki/Sealand . I'll PM you England.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams
Admin
Matthew Williams

PostSubject: Re: Peter Kirkland (revised/ finished ) Application [a c c e p t e d]   Peter Kirkland (revised/ finished ) Application [a c c e p t e d] Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 3:13 pm

Okay, but remember that there are faceless people in this school, it's not like there's a whole school with only this many people! That's just silly! And alright, the height thing is fine.
Back to top Go down
Former Sealand

Former Sealand

PostSubject: Re: Peter Kirkland (revised/ finished ) Application [a c c e p t e d]   Peter Kirkland (revised/ finished ) Application [a c c e p t e d] Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 3:23 pm

Thanks a lot, and yeah, that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams
Admin
Matthew Williams

PostSubject: Re: Peter Kirkland (revised/ finished ) Application [a c c e p t e d]   Peter Kirkland (revised/ finished ) Application [a c c e p t e d] Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 3:43 pm

That was lovely! I enjoyed reading your app, you're certainly accepted! Change your name and begin posting as soon as you can! c:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peter Kirkland (revised/ finished ) Application [a c c e p t e d]   Peter Kirkland (revised/ finished ) Application [a c c e p t e d] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Peter Kirkland (revised/ finished ) Application [a c c e p t e d]
Page 1 of 1