The Zodiac School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Zodiac School

A Hetalia RPG AU with supernatural beings~ Where all types of creatures can come to learn!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Student Application: Wang Jia Long/Hong Kong (Finished)(Fixed) [a c c e p t e d]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wang Jia Long

Wang Jia Long

Student Application: Wang Jia Long/Hong Kong (Finished)(Fixed) [a c c e p t e d] Empty
PostSubject: Student Application: Wang Jia Long/Hong Kong (Finished)(Fixed) [a c c e p t e d]   Student Application: Wang Jia Long/Hong Kong (Finished)(Fixed) [a c c e p t e d] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 2:58 am

~ T H E C H A R A C T E R ~

Student Application: Wang Jia Long/Hong Kong (Finished)(Fixed) [a c c e p t e d] Hong-Kong-hetalia-16310042-1000-719

Full name: Wang Jia Long (Leon is his English name)
Hometown: He lived by himself, along the Lam Tsuen River

Creature: Jiaolong (Or River Dragon)
Favourite Subject: Math, Science
Extra Details: His favourite subject is not English. It will never be English.

Physical description: Jia Long looks like an average Hong Kong-ese citizen, with choppy dark brown hair, and the usual brown, almond shaped eyes. However, he has bushy eyebrows that he really does not like people pointing out. He almost never shows emotions, maybe due to a lack of contact in his early life. Sometimes, as in very rarely, he is mistaken for a girl.
When he’s not wearing the traditional Chinese clothing, he tends to wear clothes that are slightly big for him; enough to cover his hands, and let a bit of his sleeve hang over. He’s pretty in tune with fashion trends, for some reason.
As a dragon he looks somewhat similar to a crocodile, except a lot longer and thinner. His scales are a deep, shimmering blue, and a few flecks of white, so he can blend with the river and sea.
Biology: What's the creature like? The kanji for Jiaolong means ‘shape-shifting water dragon’. That’s basically what they are. Long can turn into either a dragon, a fish, or a human. He considers himself to be the guardian of Lam Tsuen River, but that’s only because no other Jiaolong inhabit it… Besides, he likes it there.
Jia Long can’t fly, naturally. To make up for that, he swims. When he really tries, he can swim from one part of the river to the sea in a matter of seconds. His scales are really thick so he doesn’t get harpooned, and if he gets stuck in any fishing nets, he can claw or bite his way out. His scales make him almost indesructable.
He rarely turns into a fish, cause well… that’s useless. He’ll easily get killed, or captured.
Personality/Habits: Jia Long is a reserved person, rarely showing emotion, even to those close to him. He has a slight mischievous streak, setting off firecrackers near people who annoy him. He’s also a bit blunt, able to say things that may be embarrassing or rude, but he doesn’t really mean to insult anyone. He’s just stating the truth.
He is considered a good listener, but that’s simply because he has nothing interesting to say. He can’t compare past experiences, because he doesn’t have many. Plus, his social skills are on the lacking side; conversation is almost foreign to him.
History: Jia Long never knew who his parents were. The closest father figure to him was an elderly man, who found him on the banks of the Lam Tsuen River when he was only a baby. He never knew that man’s name. The man taught him everything he knew, fed him, clothed him, sheltered, and did everything for Jia Long. He was kind, loving, and a true ‘father’. But Jia Long didn’t return the feelings. He didn’t know how. To him, the man was just providing him with what he needed, and he should be grateful. The word ‘love’ never crossed his mind.
The man seemed unfazed when he realized that Jia Long was a water dragon. In fact, the man took it very lightly. But he did warn Jia Long that others might not be as understanding, so it would be best if he didn’t leave the shack. He never forced Jia Long to stay, though. The boy simply chose not to leave.
They led a simple life. Jia Long would go into the river, shifting to his dragon form, and hunt for fish to feed the both of them, then the man would cook for them, teaching him things during the meal. Things like ‘government’, the ‘world’, and of people. The man would sometimes go into Hong Kong city, coming back with little toys and trinkets. And firecrackers. Jia Long adored firecrackers.
One day, the man couldn’t walk anymore; he had become weak, and he began coughing up blood. He lay on their makeshift beds, and Jia Long kneeled at his side, unsure of what was happening. No words were exchanged. The man simply smiled, and patted Jia Long on the head. Then he closed his eyes, and fell asleep. Jia Long stood and left, going for a hunt. After all, the man was only sleeping…
A few weeks later, a man came to the shack. He was different from other men Jia Long had seen before. He was white, like a ghost. He was wearing clothes that were so… bizarre. Jia Long watched from the river, before resurfacing as a human, and going up to the shack.
“That is my home,” he said, going up behind the man. The man had jumped and turned to him. With a jagged Cantonese, and a thick accent, the man asked,
“Do you live alone?”
“No,” was the reply. “He takes care of me.” He pointed at the man on the makeshift bed. “But he’s sleeping. He’s been sleeping for a while.”
The white man had stayed with him for the next few years. He had said his name, but Jia Long had trouble remembering it, so he didn’t try. He had explained that the old man was ‘dead’. Jia Long didn’t quite get it, but he understood that the old man was not going to take care of him again. Now the white man was taking care of him.
The white man gave him a new, unusual name. ‘Leon’. Jia Long didn’t like it, but it seemed that the white man had an easier time calling him ‘Leon’… The white man also taught him things, like a ‘language’, which was apparently called ‘English’. Jia Long never saw the use of that language, but he learnt it anyway. He also learned ‘Math’, which he found he was very good at, ‘Science’, which had a lot to do with fire to Jia Long’s delight, ‘History’, ‘Geography’, and other topics.
The white man had a slight fear of the boy. Jia Long didn’t quite know why. Maybe he wasn’t understanding of dragons, as the old man had told him. But the man had told Jia Long that he would be soon sent to a ‘school’. Whatever that was…

Other Information: Ironically, he’s a pyromaniac. And he’s afraid of the dark.

Role Play Sample:

“School,” Jia Long muttered to himself in Cantonese. Everything was going too fast. First he had to leave his river, and put on extremely unusual clothing, then he was around more people than he had ever imagined possible, then he had to get on a… plane, was it? Well, he had to get on something, which flew. And now he was at the front of a building that was apparently a ‘school’, only holding a backpack. As he practically had no belongings, a suitcase was useless to him. Anyway, the only thing his backpack was filled with was firecrackers.
Thinking of the firecrackers made his heart ache. He missed viewing the fireworks. He missed his old life. He missed the Lam Tsuen River; the only home he truly had.
No use in complaining now though. He might as well get through school, so he could go home sooner… He hoped.

~ O O C I N F O R M A T I O N ~

Your name: Call me whatever you want. o3o
Time-zone: EST
Email/AIM/MSN/Etc: My gmail is HerraPuffin@gmail.com, my YouTube and Fanfiction are IceyPassion
Did you read the rules?: Wearing 2. Gray with ‘Tokyo’ written in kanji all over, and black with the words ‘I THINK PARANOID PEOPLE ARE FOLLOWING ME’ :P
Anything else you want to add: I-I’m sorry in advance if I’m not good enough…
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams
Admin
Matthew Williams

Student Application: Wang Jia Long/Hong Kong (Finished)(Fixed) [a c c e p t e d] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Application: Wang Jia Long/Hong Kong (Finished)(Fixed) [a c c e p t e d]   Student Application: Wang Jia Long/Hong Kong (Finished)(Fixed) [a c c e p t e d] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 4:48 am

The app was lovely, especially with the improvements! You're accepted, dear! Feel free to start posting around!
Back to top Go down
https://thezodiacschool.rpg-board.net

Student Application: Wang Jia Long/Hong Kong (Finished)(Fixed) [a c c e p t e d]
Page 1 of 1