The Zodiac School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Zodiac School

A Hetalia RPG AU with supernatural beings~ Where all types of creatures can come to learn!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hold Your Breath {Keith}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Seychelles

Seychelles

Hold Your Breath {Keith} Empty
PostSubject: Hold Your Breath {Keith}   Hold Your Breath {Keith} Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 9:49 am

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Michelle was sitting at the bottom of the pool, knees tucked neatly underneath her fragile build. She grimaced at the condition presented around her. The tile floor was grimy and worn away. Nothing like a real river bottom, where the mud lined the seafloor and the plants sprang up graciously. Michelle couldn’t help but pick at the corners of the edging; ceramic tile chipped from loosened concrete. How long had it been since someone actually cleaned it?

A quiet splash intervened her thoughts, and she was curious what to find.

A soda can.

A mindless drone happened to throw his trash in the most inconvenient place. With a loud Pop!, almost anyone could be certain the can had come in contact with his head. Michelle smirked to herself, knowing she’d be punished later for physical abuse. To her, it was worth the risk. Pollution is despicable.

Ninety seconds. She counted in her head. Was that normal? How long could she stay underwater?

Back to top Go down
http://inkseascape@gmail.com
Keith Smith

Keith Smith

PostSubject: Re: Hold Your Breath {Keith}   Hold Your Breath {Keith} Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 9:26 pm

Keith stepped into the pool room placing his towel down on a bench, he took the band aid off his nose replaxing it with the type that don't come off in water easily. He diving into the water creating a big splash, then he saw a girl at the bottom. Not all that strange but odd enough to cause him to stare for a few moments. Eventually he had to come up for air and took a big breath of it shaking his wet hair from side to side.

It had been a while since going to the pool and he always enjoyed the water of his flesh, it was calming and reminded him of home. A home. If only there was a breeze and the smell of salt, a bitter taste in your mouth and fish. Sand crunching under your feet as you ran back across the piping hot sand to the car.

This was much more relaxed.

((Keith wouldn't throw a can into the pool :/))
Back to top Go down
Seychelles

Seychelles

PostSubject: Re: Hold Your Breath {Keith}   Hold Your Breath {Keith} Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 10:41 pm

Being home on warm, sandy beaches and stretched in the dips of the powdery white sand, towel strewn off somewhere else and just enjoying the hot day--winter, summer... no difference aside from a few pointless degrees, she could still rest and roll in along the beach until she made her way to the water edge and would laugh and just let herself shift into the water until she was drifting away, far out in the water that was almost as warm as the air around her....

Such lovely dreams that shook her from her dull reality on a fairly frequent basis--how she loved them, how she loved remembering her family and friends and having a good time, remembering to keep a smile on her face because even in hard times, Michelle loved her life so much...

But she was roused by the boy who had dived into the pool, and curiously waded a little closer.

((No, I mean just some random male student. The whole school isn't made up of just us! C:))
Back to top Go down
Keith Smith

Keith Smith

PostSubject: Re: Hold Your Breath {Keith}   Hold Your Breath {Keith} Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 11:00 pm

((OH okay it was just confusing sorry))

Keith lay on his back still unaware of the company he had in the pool staring up at the lights, they were like sunlight but not as hot or homely. He gave a happy sigh holding his breath before he threw his legs over top of his head flipping back into a somersault. He flipped his head up letting his hair flip back over the back of his head, "Ah!" He said contently streeching his limbs, "Ahh~ this is the life, I've missed the cool sensation of water!"

There was something about water that he liked, he wondered what it would be like to drown and wondered if it would be scary at all. He wondered what it would be like to be a water dwelling creature and what stayed well below the ocean floor and bed sinking lower and lower in to an abyss where no one could find it.

But this was just a pool
Back to top Go down
Seychelles

Seychelles

PostSubject: Re: Hold Your Breath {Keith}   Hold Your Breath {Keith} Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 11:24 pm

The eager nymph arose from the surface, sending crystal droplets flying. She had never met this boy before (or anyone else much), and took her time examining him. Hm. Rebellious. Active. Trouble. A regular teenage boy. But, could he possibly be hiding something?

Michelle Dubois, was nervously building up the courage to speak.
After all these years of pain and independency, she could not utter a word.
Bittersweet Freedom.
And the first thing she wanted to do was meet someone.

So, here she was, in the middle of the pool, next to this rugged and rough boy who looked as if he fell in a sewer.

((I've got this cruddy writer's block, and I can't think straight. >< Sorry there.))
Back to top Go down
Keith Smith

Keith Smith

PostSubject: Re: Hold Your Breath {Keith}   Hold Your Breath {Keith} Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:15 pm

Keith swam around before coming closer to the girl, he tilted his head then smiled, "You like swimming?" He asked out of the middle of no where hoping to strike up some sort of conversation. He tilted his head slightly before looking at her in the pupils of her eyes, "Where you looking at me by any chance?"

He didn't care if she was looking at him but if she wanted to talk he would talk, he wasn't the type of person who really cared about scars, except for one, he craned his neck to look at his back then shrugged looking back over to her smiling, "My name is Keith," he scratched his head, "the grades over here are strange so I'm 17..."
Back to top Go down
Seychelles

Seychelles

PostSubject: Re: Hold Your Breath {Keith}   Hold Your Breath {Keith} Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 5:24 pm

The cherubed young woman replied with a sweet gentle smile. "Nice to meet you, Keith." She traced her fingertips above the surface, pushing little waves to travel. Nestled in the barrette of her brunette hair, a lily poked out of the side, wilting and dying from the dreaded heat. "They are beautiful, non? And the lily matches your eyes." The thorns and prickles might have caused unbearable pain to a simple being, but neither seemed to affect her. Michelle took the lily in her hand, and it grew into a beautiful sapling, shed from death.

"Michelle." She whispered, tucking her knees close to her body. The sunrays reflected against the water and into her eyes, mimicking tide pools on a cool evening. The young woman sighed anxiously, backtracking old memories, feeling clueless, nothingness...
Back to top Go down
Keith Smith

Keith Smith

PostSubject: Re: Hold Your Breath {Keith}   Hold Your Breath {Keith} Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 5:31 pm

Keith tilted his head at the strange girl, the lilly wilted and died and he blinked. Never had he seen smething so beautiful or a girl so strange. He laughed smiling, "That's a pretty flower," he remembered back in the bush there weren't many flowers but when there were they were very pretty and he would press them and keep a collection of them. Wattlewas pleanty and he'd decorate his room with the stuff.

"Nice to meet you too Michelle," he said trying to appear to be as kind as he could, "So were you watching me? I don't mind but if you wanna talk or swim with me I'm fine with that," he grinned. Rule number one; be nice to girls. He didn't remember when he made up the rule but he lived by it and tried to keep girls happy, if they cried he felt bad. Same with children. He had no idea with these feelings came from.
Back to top Go down
Seychelles

Seychelles

PostSubject: Re: Hold Your Breath {Keith}   Hold Your Breath {Keith} Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 5:01 pm

((Whoo, came back early! ♥))

Michelle gazed at the small, crisp, burned-out black husks scattered across the chipped white paint of the windowsills. It is hard to believe that they were ever alive. She wondered what it would be like to be shut up in a airless glass box, slowly baked for two long months by the relentless sun, able to see the outdoors—the wind shaking the green trees right there in front of you—hurling yourself again and again at the invisible wall that seals you off from everything that is real and alive and necessary, until eventually you succumb: scorched, exhausted, overwhelmed by the impossibility of the task. At what point does a fly give up trying to escape through a closed window—do its survival instincts keep it going until it is physically capable of no more, or does it eventually learn after one crash too many that there is no way out? At what point do you decide that enough is enough?

She finally turned her eyes away from the tiny carcasses and tried to focus on the young man that spoke to her. A thin film of sweat coats her skin, trapping wisps of hair against a frail forehead, clinging to her dress. The sun had been pouring through the chlorine water all afternoon. The ridge of the ceramic tile digged painfully into her heel as she leaned, semi-reclined, one leg stretched out, propped up against the low outline along the wall. She glanced at her wrists, stained with ink and grime. I peel my tongue off my palate and try to swallow; I can’t. My head hurts. The air stands heavy, pregnant with the silence of a light breeze. Between these school walls, time flows like cement. Nothing has changed. The people are still the same: vacuous faces, contemptuous smiles.

Something has shifted in her manner, too. The child is still there but buried beneath an unfamiliar toughness; the change around the eyes, the defiant set of the jaw, the harsh, mirthless laugh. Yet during brief, genuine moments like these, when she is just having fun, the mask slips a little and all appears a young girl.

"Oui, mon cher . . ." She replied softly, the scent of peppermint on her breath.

The young woman would have been thoroughly embarrassed when he turned to stare at her, had she not been transfixed on his eyes.

Green.

They were Green. The eyes that she had only imagined were the clearest azure she'd ever seen and, before Michelle could stop it, a sigh escaped her lips.

Back to top Go down
Keith Smith

Keith Smith

PostSubject: Re: Hold Your Breath {Keith}   Hold Your Breath {Keith} Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 12:59 am

Keith gave her a soft glance, she seemed to be staring off into the distance sitting off in another world. He gave a happy sigh remembering when he used to zone out and stare into the distance. The bush land had been quite extensive and wildlife was everywhere to be seen but in the city it was dense but he could still see the beach. If he was asked which he prefered he'd have to say the bush but including his new home, the school, the third and current home was his favourate. Back near water and even though there was no surf he was content enough.

He looked down at her wrist curiously pointing, "What's that?" He asked gently adjusting to the calming situation his voice molded like flowing water around his vocal cords creating a calmer voice than he usually talked with. His accent was mild as he talked, when he shouted it was strong and ear pierecing. He reached forward grabbing her wrists running his fingers across them gently, "Hm..,"

Keith blinked, "Uhm..." he tilted his head, he could tell it was French bit his comprehension of her response was left at that. He scratched the side of his head hoping her wouldn't seem either racist or stupid, "French?" He asked leaning forward, "I'm sorry, I only speak English so I didn't quite understand what you just said, mind repeating in English?"

Keith leaned back before lightly tapping his eye ball, "You like them? The colour?" He smiled back at her hoping that if she did she would never have to see them go the colour of blood. He remembered when he lost the colour of green for a year when anger and fear pulsed through his veins and the amazment he saw when his eyes turned back.
Back to top Go down
Seychelles

Seychelles

PostSubject: Re: Hold Your Breath {Keith}   Hold Your Breath {Keith} Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 12:12 am

Michelle nodded, thoroughly entranced by the jade irises. She had given in to a flirtatious behavior, something commonly seen in the schoolyard. A young Miss chasing after her suitor. Flowers, romance, and true love? Maybe. It must have been awkward of her to stare, yet she didn't seem to mind. The boy seemed nice enough to talk to, and his accent was interesting; of which she was not familiar.

The Seychellois girl suddenly sprang up brightly, and clasped their hands together. A slight blush spread across her face, but Michelle was more than happy to suggest the fantastic idea buzzing about in her head. "Monsieur Keith, would you like to play a game with me?"

{ I miss everyone. <3 }
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hold Your Breath {Keith}   Hold Your Breath {Keith} Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hold Your Breath {Keith}
Page 1 of 1