The Zodiac School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Zodiac School

A Hetalia RPG AU with supernatural beings~ Where all types of creatures can come to learn!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elizabeta Héderváry (Hungary) [a c c e p t e d]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
smlie08

Elizabeta Héderváry (Hungary) [a c c e p t e d] Empty
PostSubject: Elizabeta Héderváry (Hungary) [a c c e p t e d]   Elizabeta Héderváry (Hungary) [a c c e p t e d] Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 3:05 pm

~ T H E C H A R A C T E R ~

Elizabeta Héderváry (Hungary) [a c c e p t e d] Hungary_by_zetallis

Full name: Elizabeta Héderváry
Hometown: Budapest, Hungary

Creature: Witch
Teaches: Alchemy
Experience: Not much experience in the field of teaching children per say, but highly knowledgeable in potions making. Having spent a good deal of time traveling, she has learnt most recipes from around the globe. Specifically in her home country, Asia and Africa.
Extra Details: Also quite knowledgeable in botany and anatomy, but only because this is pretty vital information for alchemy. As well as being great at potion making, she is also very good at cooking. It's a bit like a two-in-one package - alchemy and cooking.

Physical description: Standing at roughly 5'7", Elizabeta has a rather appealing body type. Not really skinny, but with just the right amount of chub, she boasts shapely hips and a nice sized bust. A long cascade of warm, cocoa coloured hair fall down her back and end in slightly curls just above her waist. She has an oval face, a petite nose, pouty lips and mischievously bright olive green eyes.

Out of school, she usually dresses in casual, borderline manly, clothes. However, when she is teaching in the school, she does her best to dress in sophisticated and versatile clothing. She does work in the field of potentially dangerous items after all, so she can't be too restricted by fashion and what not.

Biology: Witches typically divide into two fields of work. One for battle or other 'hard' types of labour, and the other for medicine or research. Witches in the first option usually focus on honing their wand, or magical skills directly, while as in the latter option, the only time focus is on one's magical capabilities is when one is trying to speed the growth of certain plants or tap in a bit of magic into a potion.

Witches are closely related to humans, with the only exception that they do not age, and possess magical powers. Magical powers for each individual witch varies. While some may be able to read minds, or natural magic, others may only have destructive magic, or healing magic, elemental magic and so on.

Elizabeta was born with natural magic and just the tiniest hint of destructive magic. Meaning that she is able to mess with almost anything regarding the fauna and flora of the earth, and though she can't make a building explode with a flick of her wand, she can make a pen explode. And that's got to count for something, right?
Personality/Habits: At first glance, one might see Elizabeta to be a mature and professional young lady. Though, if one would get to know her better, they would find out that she can sometimes be quite unlady like, rowdy in nature, avid yaoi fan and wildly aggressive when worked up. She has a bad temper, and though she is working to control it, she often blows her top and goes insane.

Despite all that, Elizabeta can be a warm, motherly sort of person. And she only really gets to be like that when she's either drunk, or with certain types of people. She can't help being a bit of a bias person, and does sincerely try her best to be the ideal lady (even though it is killing her to be one).
History: Elizabeta's family had always been a nomadic one. Being a witch, she took an exceptionally long time to get through her childhood years. Her family wanted her to live amongst the humans, and so, they had to move to another country after a few years and change their identity whenever they moved. So, in her life time, Elizabeta has had the names of Lucia, Sophie, June, Poppy and a few others she can never remember. She attended kindergarten four times, Grade Three eight times, Grade Nine ten times and Grade Twelve nine times.

When she finally hit the point where she would no longer age, she set out to enhance her growing knowledge on alchemy in a tiny little witch academy in Egypt. After graduating, she managed to get a job at the Zodiac School as the apprentice to the existing Alchemy teacher. When the teacher retired, she took the spot. Her family resides in Hungary now, and she would go back and visit every so often.

Other Information: The only child of the family.

Role Play Sample:

Elizabeta was seated at a tiny little wooden table, sipping her morning's coffee and skimming through the latest edition of 'Potion's Weekly' . She had just finished reading an article about some witch discovering the importance of pumpkins in some far away country when her cuckoo clock sounded. She glanced up at the hanging clock, and watched with tired green eyes as the little wooden bird chirped seven times before twirling and retreating into it's house.

She got up, downing the last gulp of delicious caffeine and letting the magazine pages slide close. Moving to the tiny, steel sink, she washed her mug quickly before setting it on the drying rack to air dry. Walking down the cramped hallway, she past by a few hanging photographs of her parents without so much as a glance and stopped at an oval mirror hung on the wall right by the door.

The Hungarian witch paused to make sure she was ready for the day. Her milky chocolate hair was put into a neat French braid and bits of flowers were set, firmly, into her hair. She rubbed her eyes a bit, trying to get rid of the tiredness in them. She donned a lacy white summer's dress. It clung to her waist first, before flaring out to end right above her knee. Grabbing the pale green cardigan hanging on the wall beside the mirror, she slid on her brown flats and was out the door and into the cool morning's air.

~ O O C I N F O R M A T I O N ~

Your name: Joey
Time-zone: Mountain Time
Email/AIM/MSN/Etc.: joeyc1231@gmail.ca
Did you read the rules?: Grey
Anything else you want to add: My first every Hetalia RP, but definitely not my first RP in general. Please be kind to me. > A <

ALSO! I'm so sorry for the double post. I messed up the first one (I'm a HTML NOOB) and couldn't find an 'Edit' button. Ahhh, I'm so sorry!
Back to top Go down
Former Iceland

Former Iceland

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeta Héderváry (Hungary) [a c c e p t e d]   Elizabeta Héderváry (Hungary) [a c c e p t e d] Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 3:33 pm

Hello~! I'm the other witch here... And I need to discuss some Biology differences. My app is shit, so don't bother looking at it, I'll explain here. Hopefully we can come to some compromises? And forgive me if I sound harsh. ><

1. Aging: When would they stop aging? Personally, I view Witches as humans with magical power and nothing else, the only way to stop aging being to become immortal. This sort of bothers me because I don't think magic would affect appearance as a passively innate occurrence. Though I do think they would have longer lifespans than humans.

2. Wands: Ari does not use a wand, but a magic circle more relating to Wiccan traditions. We should talk about the wand being maybe an alternate, maybe more advanced method of casting spells? It seems a bit Harry Potter-esque, but it does work.

3. How Spells Are Cast/Innate Magic Biology: A bit of a simplicity difference this time. Ari just has a core of magic that can be shaped by spells to form reactions, while you describe having different types of innate magic. This is a bit of a tricky one, maybe a different archetype would be needed to describe Ari's magic?

4.Innate Abilities: Would the mind reading thing, etc be a side effect of having magic? It seems a bit off, more close to Psychics, so it troubles me a bit. Please detail on this a bit more in your reply, because I don't really understand >A<

In conclusion, your Witch /appears/ to be closer to Harry Potterish things, with an elemental emphasis. The elemental emphasis is pretty cool I think. Some things you should know that sort of confused me is that:

-Everyone here can cast minor magic
-Potions are not a Witch-only activity

Anyway, I hoped that last bit helped, I don't know what you truly had in mind for the biology. Please reply so we can sort this stuff out~ It's wonderful to have another Witch here!
Back to top Go down
smlie09

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeta Héderváry (Hungary) [a c c e p t e d]   Elizabeta Héderváry (Hungary) [a c c e p t e d] Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 3:52 pm

No problem about the biology thing. Wasn't too harsh, I can see where you're coming from. :D

1. Seems reasonable enough, I suppose. I was thinking about folklore and how (the ones I hear, anyway) the witches are almost always depicted to be immortal. However, I did say they are like humans but just magical and stuff so I think you do raise a good point. I like that longer lifespan thing, so I think that would work. Just incredibly long life spans.

2. I was a bit tied between wands and no wands at all. I mean, they can just make it happen with their minds right. But wands are often associated with witches and what not, so I thought it would be okay. I wasn't trying to do the Harry Potter thing intentionally (I actually haven't gotten into the series, so I don't know much). I would much rather take out the whole thing, it's more convenient too.

3. I didn't think it was fair to have a witch be able to do every type of magic, so I was thinking something like a born specialization. Like, it's all a matter of figuring out what magic you specialize in. However, core magic is a good one too, and the witch would specialize in whatever they are interested in, yes?

I suppose two species of witches would be okay, one that is core magic and the other born into. Species variation doesn't hurt, does it?

4. If Psychics is a different thing altogether, I suggest just taking the mind reading thing out from a witch's biology.

I've always associated magic with elements in general, and I've never gotten into Harry Potter, so I don't know how much in common they have. If it is absolutely wrong though, I will willingly change and try to go for something else.

How minor is minor magic? What classifies as advanced than?

If in any part of the biology, you think, says that witches are the only ones who can do Alchemy, please tell me so I may go in and modify it.

Also. How do you edit a post? D:

Back to top Go down
smlie09

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeta Héderváry (Hungary) [a c c e p t e d]   Elizabeta Héderváry (Hungary) [a c c e p t e d] Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 3:58 pm

I just thought about this, but having Elizabeta use her frying pan as a wand would be interesting. XD
Back to top Go down
Former Iceland

Former Iceland

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeta Héderváry (Hungary) [a c c e p t e d]   Elizabeta Héderváry (Hungary) [a c c e p t e d] Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 4:13 pm

You have to register to edit~And to use the chatbox~

1 and 2 are settled~! : D

3. Well, not exactly every type. Some spells are more powerful than others, you know? But I would say that Witches definitely have magic that others cannot do. And yeah, they could definitely specialize in one area. Lol, Ari once cast a spell with a healing gash in his leg, and the sheer physical strain caused it to open.

4. -nodnod-

I...actually....don't know. We haven't used it often, thank god. Simple spells, then? No magic circle needed and few words need to be said.

Speaking of that, I do have a thing where instead of a magic circle, you can use words. A lot of words- but words nevertheless. Eeh, it's a side note.

Ari has done Alchemy, so I will agree with you in that Witches can do alchemy.
Back to top Go down
smlie09

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeta Héderváry (Hungary) [a c c e p t e d]   Elizabeta Héderváry (Hungary) [a c c e p t e d] Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 5:45 pm

3. xD Sounds painful.

So when I get approved and get an account, I'll edit the biology some, otherwise, we're good...?
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams
Admin
Matthew Williams

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeta Héderváry (Hungary) [a c c e p t e d]   Elizabeta Héderváry (Hungary) [a c c e p t e d] Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 9:14 am

I'm happy to see you sorting this out! you can make an account before you're accepted and then you can post your final app that you're happy with. I'm sure it'll be great! c:
Back to top Go down
https://thezodiacschool.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeta Héderváry (Hungary) [a c c e p t e d]   Elizabeta Héderváry (Hungary) [a c c e p t e d] Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 6:11 pm

This editing thing seriously sucks. :c

~ T H E C H A R A C T E R ~

Elizabeta Héderváry (Hungary) [a c c e p t e d] Ms2iwh

Full name: Elizabeta Héderváry
Hometown: Budapest, Hungary
Creature: Witch
Teaches: Alchemy

Experience: Not much experience in the field of teaching children per say, but highly knowledgeable in potions making. Having spent a good deal of time traveling, she has learnt most recipes from around the globe. Specifically in her home country, Asia and Africa.

Extra Details: Also quite knowledgeable in botany and anatomy, but only because this is pretty vital information for alchemy. As well as being great at potion making, she is also very good at cooking. It's a bit like a two-in-one package - alchemy and cooking.

Physical description: Standing at roughly 5'7", Elizabeta has a rather appealing body type. Not really skinny, but with just the right amount of chub, she boasts shapely hips and a nice sized bust. A long cascade of warm, cocoa coloured hair fall down her back and end in slightly curls just above her waist. She has an oval face, a petite nose, pouty lips and mischievously bright olive green eyes.

Out of school, she usually dresses in casual, borderline manly, clothes. However, when she is teaching in the school, she does her best to dress in sophisticated and versatile clothing. She does work in the field of potentially dangerous items after all, so she can't be too restricted by fashion and what not.

Biology: Witches are generally humans with magical powers and much, much, much longer life spans. There are two 'species' of witches, one where they are born with a general core of magic and can choose to specialize in a specific field of witchery, and the other where they are born with an already decided set of skills. Meaning that they may have been born with the capability to destroy things, but unable to interfere with nature. Some may have healing capabilities or other elemental magics. Some witches may choose to channel their magic through a specific item they may dub 'wand' or other things, and some are able to use their magic without anything more than words.

Elizabeta was born with natural magic and just the tiniest hint of destructive magic. Meaning that she is able to mess with almost anything regarding the fauna and flora of the earth, and though she can't make a building explode with a quiet whisper, she can make a pen explode. And that's got to count for something, right?

Personality/Habits: At first glance, one might see Elizabeta to be a mature and professional young lady. Though, if one would get to know her better, they would find out that she can sometimes be quite unlady like, rowdy in nature, avid yaoi fan and wildly aggressive when worked up. She has a bad temper, and though she is working to control it, she often blows her top and goes insane.

Despite all that, Elizabeta can be a warm, motherly sort of person. And she only really gets to be like that when she's either drunk, or with certain types of people. She can't help being a bit of a bias person, and does sincerely try her best to be the ideal lady (even though it is killing her to be one).

She is firm in her teaching and often demands absolute attention when demonstrating a recipe or briefing the safety standards. Otherwise though, she is pretty lax and keeps her homework and expectations at a fairly reasonable level. Elizabeta tries to get personal with her students, so she can help them in the way that would be most efficient.

History: Elizabeta's family had always been a nomadic one. Being a witch, she took an exceptionally long time to get through her childhood years. Thus making it so that she was homeschool-ed by her parents. Her mother had been a natural and healing witch, and her father a core-magic witch. Her parents could not stand staying in one place for more than a few years, which resulted in them moving often. Elizabeta grew up not really having a long-lasting friend, she never got the chance to establish a strong bond before having to move away.

When she finally hit the point of adulthood, she set out to enhance her growing knowledge on alchemy in a tiny little witch academy in Egypt. After graduating, she managed to get a job at the Zodiac School as the apprentice to the existing Alchemy teacher. When the teacher retired, she took the spot. Her family resides in Hungary now, and she would go back and visit every so often.

Other Information: The only child of the family, she has no siblings and the only real friend she had ever had was a mere penpal she had back in her childhood years. Only recently though, she found out that he had passed away at a ripe age of 87 years.

Role Play Sample:
Elizabeta was seated at a tiny little wooden table, sipping her morning's coffee and skimming through the latest edition of 'Potion's Weekly' . She had just finished reading an article about some witch discovering the importance of pumpkins in some far away country when her cuckoo clock sounded. She glanced up at the hanging clock, and watched with tired green eyes as the little wooden bird chirped seven times before twirling and retreating into it's house.

She got up, downing the last gulp of delicious caffeine and letting the magazine pages slide close. Moving to the tiny, steel sink, she washed her mug quickly before setting it on the drying rack to air dry. Walking down the cramped hallway, she past by a few hanging photographs of her parents without so much as a glance and stopped at an oval mirror hung on the wall right by the door.

The Hungarian witch paused to make sure she was ready for the day. Her milky chocolate hair was put into a neat French braid and bits of flowers were set, firmly, into her hair. She rubbed her eyes a bit, trying to get rid of the tiredness in them. She donned a lacy white summer's dress. It clung to her waist first, before flaring out to end right above her knee. Grabbing the pale green cardigan hanging on the wall beside the mirror, she slid on her brown flats and was out the door and into the cool morning's air.

~ O O C I N F O R M A T I O N ~

Your name: Joey
Time-zone: Mountain Time
Email/AIM/MSN/Etc.: joeyc1231@gmail.com
Did you read the rules?: Maroon now.
Anything else you want to add: My first every Hetalia RP, but definitely not my first RP in general. Please be kind to me. > A < Sorry guys, I'm not a big yaoi fan (despite my chosen character), I don't hate on it, but I'm not too accustomed to it. Don'tkillmeplease!
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams
Admin
Matthew Williams

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeta Héderváry (Hungary) [a c c e p t e d]   Elizabeta Héderváry (Hungary) [a c c e p t e d] Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:25 pm

It's lovely, dear. And thank you for editing it. It's a little short, and as I told Kiku, I like length. But because you went to all the trouble of editing your app and making it fit Ari's, I'll give you a benefit and say that you are accepted and you can start posting around! Please change your name to Elizabeta Héderváry and you'll be all set!
Back to top Go down
https://thezodiacschool.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeta Héderváry (Hungary) [a c c e p t e d]   Elizabeta Héderváry (Hungary) [a c c e p t e d] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elizabeta Héderváry (Hungary) [a c c e p t e d]
Page 1 of 1