The Zodiac School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Zodiac School

A Hetalia RPG AU with supernatural beings~ Where all types of creatures can come to learn!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

'Cause I'm Awesome~ (Done! ...again ^_^;) [a c c e p t e d]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert Beilschmidt

Gilbert Beilschmidt

'Cause I'm Awesome~ (Done! ...again ^_^;) [a c c e p t e d] Empty
PostSubject: 'Cause I'm Awesome~ (Done! ...again ^_^;) [a c c e p t e d]   'Cause I'm Awesome~ (Done! ...again ^_^;) [a c c e p t e d] Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 5:23 am

~ T H E C H A R A C T E R ~

'Cause I'm Awesome~ (Done! ...again ^_^;) [a c c e p t e d] Tumblr_llbjgwTFX71qbuj6u

Full name: Gilbert Beilschmidt
Hometown: Konigsberg, Germany

Creature: Vampire
Favourite Subject: Hm.. none? xD Gil isn't the most.. enthusiastic about school and learning..
Extra Details: Has a little yellow bird (imaginatively named Gilbird) that follows him around everywhere. It even sleeps on his pillow at night.

Physical description: Gilbert siffers from albinism, he has pale silver hair that refuses to sit down and a fairly muscular body. His odd red eyes show his albino condition and tend to unnerve people. He's quite tall, just above the average height for boys of his age. He usually just wears a loose black tie around the neck of a white shirt. He wears black suit trousers with these, and somehow manages to pull off the 'casual schoolwear' look well enough.

He has faint shadows under his eyes from lack of sleep; simply because vampires are creatures of the night and are practically nocturnal. This doesn't work well with the school's timetable, unfortunately, but somehow he can pull through. Mostly. He usually doesn't bother to sit up and study, and usually slumps at his desk looking bored. He is quite strong in the physical sense, and can get pretty quick if the scenario is right (for example, happy hour at the bar..). He certainly isn't the best at sports but he has a certain liking for heights and wide open spaces.

Biology: What's the creature like? Gilbert, as he is both a vampire and an albino, suffers occasionally from sunburn if he stays out for too long. He has had the vampire gene from birth, but never really had the right upbringing to deal with it.

It is fairly mild at first, but then gets a bit more intense and uncontrollable as the subject ages. It can cause morbidity and fear of light, but for some cases it isn't as bad as it is said to be. Take Gilbert, for example. It might be the fact he's a sufferer of albinism as well, or just the fact he enjoys beer a little too much, but he isn't the worst example of a vampire. He can get mood swings and possibly when he's older he'll become a bit bi-polar, but there have been many with worse afflictions than him- those who harm themselves or others excessively, and those who just drive themselves insane. He's considerably lucky he hasn't shown the insanity symptoms. He probably drowns them out in beer.

Anyway, he keeps small bottles of cow's blood (as he has learned the art of bleeding cows withought doing much damage to them, being a vampire) to adress his thirst issues so he doesn't phsych out in class or at night. He does sometimes go on little expeditions at night outside, to catch a rabbit or a mouse, as his craving for raw flesh nearly dictates him to do this. Of course, asking for raw flesh in the middle of the canteen is a little too obvious for his liking. And besides, he can fend for himself rather than letting a dinner lady serve him. Well, that's how he feels anyway.

Personality/Habits: As said before, Gilbert somewhat craves raw meat and drinks animals' blood. It isn't uncontrollable, just needs to be carefully handled. He has a huge ego, considers himself 'awesome' and isn't usually that popular amongst the teachers. Or students, for that matter. He is actually rather flirty, but usually doesn't succeed in his endeavours. He ignores his conditions as best he can, and tries to not let them get in the way of his day-to-day life.

He is sometimes anti-social to others but generally he's talking to everybody. And he can be a bit sleepy during the day, so he can even go so far as to fall asleep in lessons. One of his many quirks, of course. Sometimes he just gets too tired and skips lessons just to sleep.

History: Gilbert was raised in a German household, though it wasn't really that strict. They always thought of him as the odd one, next to his younger brother, the perfect one- blonde, blue eyes, always following the rules- once he could get free of his family he ran away and ended up at this school. He learned of his condition when he was about eight years old; he was simply exploring the hillside around his parents' farm when an odd, pale young girl came to him.

She was actually rather pretty, but her eyes were.. odd. She looked to be about ten, but her eyes looked certainly older, and a lot more malevolent and brooding. She looked at him for a bit, but of course little Gilbert didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. He was trying to catch a sheep, for crying out loud. The girl went over to him and sat him down.

''Hello.. My name is Alcinda. You know, you're like me. You're different to your family, like me, aren't you? Isn't your younger brother getting all the attention?''

Little Gil nodded, a small frown on his youthful face.

''You know what makes people like you and me special?''

Gilbert shook his head, looking up at the strange girl.

We are vampires. That is what makes your skin burn easily.. But it's not a bad thing. Not really. Here; take this.'' And the young girl handed him a small vial of blood. Drink it when you feel thirsty. Come to me when you need more. I'll be here.'' And with that, she left, leaving poor, confused little Gilbert holding a small glass bottle of blood in his hand. He took it home, but decided not to tell his parents. It would only isolate him further from his family and complitcate relations with people of his area. He continued to meet with the mysterious girl, right up until she told him of the school he could go to to learn a bit more about his condition.

Other Information: German accent yay :D

Role Play Sample: The albino strode easily down the corridor. Of course he remembered where his homeroom was, forgetting would be so un-awesome. It was getting darker, the sun was lowering itself into an orange haze in the hills, and the shadows moved and elongated in the corridor. He was feeling more awake now, more alert. He always got very little sleep during the night, and there were faint shadows under his eyes. He could have sworn his dorms were here somewhere... He felt a hand on his shoulder. Of course, it didn't faze him on the slightest, he was much too awesome for that. He turned his head to face a prefect, who was looking unimpressed.

''You know you shouldn't be wandering the corridors at this time of evening.'' he said bluntly.

Gilbert breathed outwards (though, he hadn't been scared at all by this person's sudden appearance...) and spoke to the older boy. ''I'll do what I want.''
The prefect raised an eyebrow, entirely nonplussed. ''You'll do what you're told. Go to your dorm.''

Being shoved in the direction of the dormitories was not how he'd expected to find them, but still- it had worked. And Gilbert retained his awesomeness depite his forgetting of the dorm's location.

(Sorry that that post was crap e.e I can do a lot better.. Honestly ^_^; )

~ O O C I N F O R M A T I O N ~

Your name: Sarah Nicholson
Age: STALKER ;) Nearly 13. Very nearlyyyy~ And I promise I'll be a good RPer ._.
Time-zone: Mean Time yayay~.
Email/AIM/MSN/Etc: loex @ hotmail . co . uk (remove the spaces~)
Did you read the rules?: Why yesh I did. Black with a skull wearing 3D glasses booyah!
Anything else you want to add: Right, I think I did a lot better this time round :/

Last edited by The Awesome Me on Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:46 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Félicité Canella

Félicité Canella

PostSubject: Re: 'Cause I'm Awesome~ (Done! ...again ^_^;) [a c c e p t e d]   'Cause I'm Awesome~ (Done! ...again ^_^;) [a c c e p t e d] Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 6:16 am

Why hello there, potential Prussia! I'm popping in to say that you have a nice, solid base from your application thus far however there are a few things you need to address before we admins can accept you.

Length:
We aren't looking for 5 meters of description *shot* but under 'physical description','biology', 'personality' and 'habits', it's preferred that you add quite a bit of length, preferably, your descriptions and such will be 1 to three paragraphs. Have fun with it! The more you flesh your character out, the easier things will be when it comes to actually RPing here!

Specifics:You made Mr Gilbert a vampire, which is nice in itself but we need more description as there are many types of vamps. Was has born that way? Was he attacked and caught vampirism? Or was he a victim of of an infected organ or blood transfer? Arthur goes over the exact conditions of his specific sect of vampires : https://thezodiacschool.rpg-board.net/t6-arthur-kirkland-application-a-c-c-e-p-t-e-d We don't need to go into such length of describing the biology as Arthur but one to three paragraphs of specifics would be nice.

Flow: You have lovely ideas, they just do not smoothly transition from one to the other cohesively. For example: 'Is more awake at night than in the day, his skin burns easily. He has a craving for raw meat occasionally, and is seen with vials of cow blood to sate his thirst." While that indeed is descriptive-ish, it's a bit awkward to read. "Gilbert, like both a sufferer of albanism and a creature of the night, is prone to sunburn and is far more awake during the moonlit hours. When it comes to his preferred food sources, he strangely enough, does on occasion crave raw meat. Normally, he keeps vials of cow blood on hand to address such hunger.

Once you make the suggested improvement to your application, we'll review it. Good luck ❤
Back to top Go down
Gilbert Beilschmidt

Gilbert Beilschmidt

PostSubject: Re: 'Cause I'm Awesome~ (Done! ...again ^_^;) [a c c e p t e d]   'Cause I'm Awesome~ (Done! ...again ^_^;) [a c c e p t e d] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 9:56 am

Right, thanks for the advice and everything :D I'll set to work on it right away~

*EDIT*: finished! :D Whew, I think I did a lot better this time around. I hope. x3
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: 'Cause I'm Awesome~ (Done! ...again ^_^;) [a c c e p t e d]   'Cause I'm Awesome~ (Done! ...again ^_^;) [a c c e p t e d] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 6:24 pm

This is so much better! But please take out the German. I don't speak German and neither do you, so just... talk in English. It's much more user friendly. After that, I'll accept you (unless the other admins have a problem, but I don't see why they should)
Back to top Go down
Gilbert Beilschmidt

Gilbert Beilschmidt

PostSubject: Re: 'Cause I'm Awesome~ (Done! ...again ^_^;) [a c c e p t e d]   'Cause I'm Awesome~ (Done! ...again ^_^;) [a c c e p t e d] Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:44 am

Okay, sorry ^_^ Just thought it would make it look more authentic~ I'll change it to English now.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Williams
Admin
Matthew Williams

PostSubject: Re: 'Cause I'm Awesome~ (Done! ...again ^_^;) [a c c e p t e d]   'Cause I'm Awesome~ (Done! ...again ^_^;) [a c c e p t e d] Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 6:41 am

I see no reason not to accept this! You can change your name, dear, and start posting~

(Also, does anyone have this problem where the coding goes wrong on all the applications and makes the text really big? or is it just me? .___.)
Back to top Go down
https://thezodiacschool.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Cause I'm Awesome~ (Done! ...again ^_^;) [a c c e p t e d]   'Cause I'm Awesome~ (Done! ...again ^_^;) [a c c e p t e d] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Cause I'm Awesome~ (Done! ...again ^_^;) [a c c e p t e d]
Page 1 of 1